We spent 3 nights at The Alchymist in late March. This was our first trip to Prague and we didn't know our way around, so we relied quite heavily on Tripadvisor reviews to help us find the right place. We weren't let down by The Alchymist - our anticipation was heightened when we saw it was featured in Tripadvisor's top 25 luxury hotels in the world, quite an achievement given the very expensive competition.
Things we loved:
Nice quiet location in a secure zone, being next door to the USA Embassy, but just an alleyway away from a huge range of local bars and restaurants.
Our room overlooked a long narrow cobbled street used only, as far as we could see, by nuns from the convent up the hill.
A lovely welcome from every member of staff, right from the start with cool towels and a glass of sparkling.
The quirky spa & pool area down in the "dungeons".
Free wifi throughout - we were given a code but never actually needed it.
The complementary wine and cheese hour with endless refills!
The way you could almost get used to the completely Over The Top decor.
The price - $500 for 3 nights including breakfast, all the extras and world-class service.
Room for improvement:
Up-market tea bags that refused to brew!
Air conditioning not yet switched on so rooms were quite warm - open windows not really an option because of all those cobbles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa represents the renaissance of a magnificent Baroque landmark, "Dum u Jeziska" dating from the 16th century and exquisitely transformed with the most modern comforts into a luxury and distinctive hotel that reflects the nobility and charm of historic Prague. If looking for a luxury boutique hotel in the very centre of Prague, the Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa is the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alchymist Grand Hotel Prague
- Alchymist Grand Prague
- Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa Prague, Bohemia