All reviewshighly recommend this pensionstayed for two nightsattic roommetro stationold towncerealcentrebedsairportcity
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We had an attic room, up two flights of stairs, with a view over the street and neighbouring houses. Everything is very clean, the twin beds were comfortable, with crisp linen, and the bathroom compact but perfectly adequate. The owner, Elina, is terrific, very friendly and helpful with suggestions of where to go and how to get metro tickets. Her English is great so communication was never a problem. Breakfasts plentiful and varied, cereals, breads fruit juice and the most delicious scrambled eggs cooked to order. The terrace off the dining room looks out over the city, a beautiful view. Parking is possible in the driveway but we chose to park on the road, which was convenient and safe. There is a variety of shops near and inside the metro station if you need anything, and also restaurants nearby. Recommended!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2017

I'm a regular guest and here is why: 10 min ride to city centre by metro, in walking distance from banks (my customers) clean rooms, good price, fast wifi, car parking possible behind the gate, safe and quiet neighborhood, house has terrace and garden you can spend time when the weather is good. For breakfast they usually ask me what I want (private chef, how cool is that) and make delicious start of the day. Some rooms have great view to Vltava river valley. Overall I consider this place to best value for money in Prague.

One point to consider: no lift, just stairs. If you are on wheelchair or has problems with clibming stairs, this place is not for you.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2016

We really enjoyed our 5 night stay here. We were in an attic room and I must say, we did feel slightly cramped due to the sloping ceilings. Having said that, I did request a room with a view. The highlight of our stay were the owners, Eleni and Alexander (and Eleni's mother!) Eleni's mother was a real "mother hen" and had a very warm air about her. The breakfasts were great and not only confined to eastern Europe tastes. There was plenty of toast and cereal to keep westerners happy. The scrambled eggs and Alexander's pancakes were a real treat. The guest house is located around a 5 minute walk from the train station and Alexander helped us out with pre-purchased tickets which saved us the hassle of buying tickets at the station. From leaving Nika to arriving near the Old Town was around 20 minutes, I guess. There is a range of shopping (food, supermarket, chemist, clothing and so on), near the train station which was great. Alexander and Eleni spoke very good English, so communication was never a problem. They also arranged for us to be collected from, and returned to, the airport by a private driver (700 CZK.) If I were to visit Prague again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2016

I would highly recommend this pension. The building is in a very quiet street but within easy walking distance to good shopping (supermarket, food hall, clothes etc) and to the metro line, which is only a few stops from the centre of Prague. The owner is very friendly and accommodating, and spoke very good English so communication was no problem at all. Free wifi is available throughout the building and the connection speed was very good. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2016

Very nice place in a quiet area (Prague 4) on a few minutes walking distance from the nearest metro station and shopping center Budějovická. Friendly owners, spotlessly clean rooms and an excellent breakfast. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo