“No complaints”
Review of Anna Hotel

Anna Hotel
Ranked #78 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Cant really fault this hotel. The room we had was very spacious and also very clean. It was about a 5 to 10 minute walk from wenceslas square in a quiet neighbourhood. It was however quite a trek from the old town of prague but when you have been walking all day a few more minutes dont really hurt. The staff were very friendly and spoke good english. Wasnt too fussed on the breakfast but that is more down to me being a fussy eater. I probably wouldnt stay here again, not because it was poor but i would rather be a little closer to everything.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 December 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Anna Hotel for a few days just before Christmas. Having read the reviews on here I was really looking forward to my stay and the hotel didn't disappoint.As our flight arrived fairly early in the morning, we decided to go to the hotel to see if we could leave our suitcase until check-in time. The lady who greeted us was very friendly and welcoming and she let us check into our room early. The room was large and very clean, with a comfortable, king size bed. There was plenty of storage space for clothes and a safe in the cupboard. The breakfast room was nice and there was plenty of choice, with cereal, bread, meat/cheese and some cooked food. It is in a nice, quiet area of Prague but is still only about a 5 minute walk to the nearest metro station, Namesti Miru, which also had a fantastic little Christmas market during our stay. There is also a tram stop just around the corner from the hotel and it is within walking distance of Wenceslas Square (10/15 mins). There are lots of nice restaurants nearby serving a range of foods. We particularly liked the Italian restaurant 'Grosetto' opposite Namesti Miru (there is also a Grosetto restaurant boat on the Vltava looking up at the Castle, which is stunning at night time). I would definitely return to the Anna Hotel and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank travellingbug_2009
annapraha, Manager at Anna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear travellingbug_2009
I would like to thank you for such warm and kind review. All our personnel were happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to meet you again at our hotel on your next trip to Prague and wish you Happy New Year.
Katerina Malkova

Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed here during Thanksgiving week. The hotel is about 10 minute walk from the nearest Metro station (Náměstí Míru) and is located in a quite neighborhood. There were couple of good restaurants within 5 minute walking distance (U-bilinu and Slokovona). The rooms were simple but very clean and the staff was very helpful. Breakfast was included. The only complaint we have is about the shower, the fittings were loose and the shower head wouldn't stay in one position. But overall, it was a very pleasant experience and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karsan_cbe
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Hotel Anna was just charming with a very pleasing & helpful staff. Their special breakfast service located in a beautiful alcove was a great way to start the day. This was our first visit to wonderful Prague and the Hotel Anna location was always a fine starting point to see all that is great here. The "U" restaurants nearby had the best Czech food and of course Pilsners. The room was very comfortable,clean with a large bathroom. When we return to Prague again Hotel Anna will be a must do booking to base our start to discovery the greatness of Prague and Czech country.

Room Tip: Try to book earlier and e-mail asap to get the best value and room locations.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thomas I
annapraha, Manager at Anna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2011

thank you very much for your nice evaluation and we are really pleased that you spent a nice holiday
Katerina Malkova
Sales and Hotel Manager

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I had a single room in the Anna in October. This is a clean and comfortable place, although I have to say my room was dingy and depressing. I've read a lot about friendly and helpful staff here. This was not my experience. On the contrary, the staff was dour and unhelpful. I had the impression they wanted you out of their face quickly so they could go back to websurfing. An example: The hotel offers free wifi but on checkin it wasn't mentioned. I went back down to reception and asked about it and a slip of paper with a password was thrust at me. It still didn't work. Back down to reception where I was told which hotspot to choose. Still no luck, whereupon the woman at the desk suggested I stand outside my room with my laptop to use it.
The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood about a 15-minute walk to Wenceslaus Square which is not a big deal for me once I figured out the best route to take. There is a nice breakfast room. In fact, the only smile I got in the hotel was from the woman who managed breakfast.
All in all, I would say the Anna is okay, but hardly worth the rave reviews it gets.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo