2,879 results
All reviews franz kafka insurance company old town great location palladium mall high ceilings nice hotel republic square recommend this hotel hotel is located walking distance powder tower tourist attractions metro station comfortable rooms on foot breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Our company cooperates with Century Old Town hotel in organizing events especially for our clients. We are always very satisfied with both the service and the premises of the hotel. It is for sure a facility where you can rely on the staff and nice environment.
Also, from my colleagues who stayed at the hotel, I can say that everybody was always very happy with the level of accomodation.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Christophe B, General Manager at Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear Guest

On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for taking your time on posting such an affirmative comment . Your opinion will help us to provide the highest quality service and become even better in the future.
I hope you will visit our Hotel in the nearest future.
With Best regards
Christophe Bergeron

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I stayed at Hotel Century Old Town recently on our trip to Prague. I was extremely happy with the big spacious and clean rooms. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good too! The location is superb.. Just about 5-10 mins walk to both Wenceslas square and old town square. We got a very good deal at the hotel and had a very nice stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sk_85
MichalTomes, Manager at Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your comments on your recent stay with us at the Century old town hotel, part of the Mgallery. We are all delighted that you have found the hotel to your expectations and that you had a great time with us and in Prague.
We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.
Regards, Michal

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Reviewed 12 June 2012

If you have read some of my other reviews, a theme is emerging. It is important to note we are Americans and are obviously used to a more comfortable, pillow top style bed.

We stayed at this hotel for a few nights in early June 2012. The location is AMAZING! Every night we walked down to the old square where city hall and Tyn Cathedral are. It was really easy to walk from here to most major attractions. In addition, the Namesti Republiky metro station, which is a main transportation hub, is right down the block. Furthermore, there is a huge mall called the Palladium right around the corner which was useful when we needed to buy some things from the Pharmacy and DM.

So location was a huge plus!

Another plus was the breakfast. We got a good package deal including breakfast, it was well worth it. Unlike most other trips I've taken in Europe where all that was provided was a crappy continental breakfast (think toast, cereal, some cold cuts), this restaurant truly had a fantastic spread. There was a chef making omelettes, there was a hot buffet with sausage, bacon, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, potatoes. There was a cold fruit buffet with at least five different types of fruit. In addition, there was cereal, filtered coffee (with the option of ordering cappuccinos), and danishes. We were very satisfied with the breakfast and one could easily fill up in the morning ensuring you only have to pay for one other meal a day.

Now, the minuses.

On first seeing the room, we both thought it was a bit small. My wife had called ahead several times to ask about the bed. She asked if it was a king size bed. We were told it was. In reality, I think Americans have much different dimensions for what they consider a king size bed. Our bed was more like a double twin. The size itself wouldn't have been a major problem except it was hard. If you sleep on your side like we do, expect to wake up with a numb arm, or sore shoulder, or pinched back. It was really unfortunate the bed was so hard because we did not wake up feeling rested a single morning.

So, to recap, the positives are the breakfast and the location. The negatives were the incredibly uncomfortable bed and the generally small size of the room.

If they would invest some money in more comfortable mattresses, it would have gotten a higher rating from us!

Room Tip: I wouldn't get a room on the first floor as we could hear the quite loud conversations of fellow travelers coming up from the large, spacious lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OverCexcursions
MichalTomes, Manager at Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your views on your recent stay with us at the Century Old Town in Prague. I am sorry that the hardness of hotel beds and size of the room were not up to your expectations, rest assured that the team and I will review your comments concerning the mattresses with our housekeeping team and we will do our best to improve on those points.
I hope this will not deter you from returning to Century Old Town in the future.
Regards, Michal