Lowest prices for your stay
USD 50
Booking.comUSD 50
PricelineUSD 50
FindHotel
1,983 results
All reviews andel station old town big shopping center on foot sirens
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2021

Date of stay: September 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 26 August 2021

I don't usually review Ibis hotels because, with a few exceptions, they are virtually identical. The Ibis in Berlin looks just like the one in Bogota or Jakarta once you get inside. What distinguishes them is the location, pricing, and in this case the staff. I've stayed at this hotel seven or eight times in the past 15 years and the staff have always been outstanding and highly professional. They keep track of my requirements and always strive to meet them. They leave gifts in my room if I return after a long absence and everybody, the receptionists, restaurant workers and cleaning staff are always polite, accommodating and professional.

The location is very good if you want to be away from the heart of the tourist area in a mostly local area with good shops and restaurants right next door. You can walk to Wenceslaus Square in 20 - 30 minutes, or take the subway from Andel Station in 10 minutes. I've stayed all over Prague, but find I prefer this corner, and these days, priced at around forty-five bucks, its hard to beat.

The only criticism I have of the location is the noise from ambulance/police sirens. The hotel is on the way to the hospital, near a highway on ramp, and there are frequent sirens in the neighborhood. During my earlier stays, I barely noticed it, but lately it seems that the sound proofing on the windows is no longer doing it's job, It may be time to replace the seals on the windows.

Thanks for years of excellent service,

Daniel

Date of stay: August 2021
3  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed 23 April 2020

Room was infested with bed bugs and my friend and I were severely bitten from the very first night we slept there. We actually saw a bed bug on the 3rd night (which we took pictures of along with the front desk staff). We were then relocated to another room but I was too terrified to lay in the bed and sat up on a chair all night. Also, the walls are thin and you can hear everything from outside and downstairs. Wasn't able to sleep because of disturbance from the lobby and traffic.

Room tip: All rooms are equally terrible
2  Thank Gloabtrot1am
Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

5 night stay booked, checked out after 1 night! Absolutely terrible hotel, I’ve seen better hostels. Decor is from the 70s, air conditioning doesn’t work just pumps out hot air so you can’t sleep at night, windows open onto a main roads that never sleeps, bathroom is again from the 70s, the shower has no rubber seals so water floods the bathroom floor. Room overall dirty and needs a deep clean. Long black hairs sliver the bed sheets. Staff are unfriendly and don’t want to help.

I wouldn’t give this hotel 1 star let alone 3 stars.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank adamm581
IBISMALASTRANA, Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2020

Dear adamm581,
first of all i would like to thank you for your stay in our hotel and for your comments.
I would like to apologize we did not manage to fulfill your needs and expectations. May I kindly ask you for more details of your reservation (reservation number, date of stay, etc.) to e-mail h5211-dm@accor.com so I can share your feedback with my Team and ensure we do all we can to prevent such an inconvenience in the future.
Your remarks are important to us and will enable us to improve the quality of our offer and services in a matter to satisfy our guests' needs and expectations.
I hope this will not deter you from returning to Ibis Praha Mala Strana in the future to check on our progress.
With kind regards,
Katerina Bohacova

Reviewed 14 February 2020 via mobile

It's an ok-ish Ibis hotel.
There are better Ibis however out there.
As usual minimalistic style.
Yet there is almost no sound isolation, so you hear pretty much everything from the street.
They feature some new sleep concept, but 1 pillow in my room was very stiff.
In the corridor, in level #5 there was a bit if fresh paint smell. It was unusual. However it didn't penetrate the room.
Otherwise an ok-ish Ibis hotel.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank yuriy20190
IBISMALASTRANA, Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2020

Dear yuriy20190,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your views on your recent stay with us at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana. I am sorry that the noise from the street made your stay unpleasant in our hotel, rest assured that the team and I will review your comments and we will do our best to improve on those points.

With kind regards,