The blonde receptionist is very nice and professional
The hotel room cleaner was friendly and professional
The lady responsible for keeping breakfast, coffee and tea ready did a good job.
They carry AltHous tea, the highest quality tea that I have had in a very long time.
They have a hotel driver that picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. The driver cost us 24 Euro or 600 Kc each way. A bit on the expensive side but worth the cost since we didn't have much time to prep. I heard that AAA taxi is cheap and does a good job.
- If you hang a right out the front of the hotel and follow the cobbled road, there is a beautiful garden/walking path on the left and through a gate. For me, this was the prize of the trip. There is a church made out of stalagtite and is weathered but unique and gorgeous.
- Our initial room #105, one of the renovated rooms, had a garden view and happened to have a construction worker living in it. Of course he took one of the good rooms! We were "upgraded" to #201, a 2-room with a castle view located in the old section. I believe that all of the castle views may be in the old section. Not worth it but do as you wish.
- The safe door was broken and useless. The door apparently had been prybar'd open.
- The unprofessional, brown-haired and middle-aged receptionist was pre-occupied with indoor smoking, gossiping with friends and buying goods out of the trunks of anonymous persons vehicles rather than focusing on the hotel customers and service. I could deal with all of this, except the smoking which filled the entry hall. This alone, despite everything else, will be why I will not visit U Pava again.
- Our room (#201), castle view, was continually filled with cigarette smoke; absolutely disgusting. It is winter and still the smoke was so bad that we would get up and open the windows and freeze our buttocks off. In the morning, I had to wash the 2nd-hand cigarette smoke out of my hair; this should indicate to you how bad it was. My lungs and sinus cavities were very irritated by the smoke also.
- The castle views have a busy street located on the other side of the wall and the service trucks were loud in the morning. My personal opinion would be request an interior garden view for beauty and silence-sake.
We paid 138 Euro/$200 for a 1-room for 2 nights. In the new section, I would consider this a good deal. In the old section, despite the "upgrade" we were awarded, you couldn't pay me to stay there again. It is not worth my $100/night much less the $400-plus that they charge the average person per night. This hotel has potential and some good staff but what counts is the whole picture. That picture isn't that great right now. Maybe when the renovation is complete and with a "no smoking" rule, I would visit again. The brown-haired receptionist needs to have a sit-down talk with her boss since she obviously doesn't want to be there.
Remember that the Renovated section is good and the Old section is very bad. Unless you want to save $ on you own cigarettes then you can just get your fix by sitting in your room located the old section.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel U Pava reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- u Pava Hotel
- u Pava Prague
- Hotel U Pava Prague, Bohemia