3,398 results
All reviews charles bridge main building dependence building small bottle of sparkling wine waffle maker crepe restaurant fruit basket old town perfect location hotel restaurant roof terrace little touches mala strana wonderful hotel lesser town hotel guests prague castle
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I had stayed several times at this hotel and knew it to be excellent but this was the first time I was sharing a room. The staff were completely at our disposal and nothing was too much for them - from ordering a mineral water while perusing the free internet to assisting me in making a temporary repair to my mink coat. We returned after a hard day's tourism to find a bottle of Czech champagne on ice and two glasses to celebrate our respective birthdays. The whole experience was fantastic and we decided to go ahead and book up to spend our honeymoon there.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2010

Pod Vezi is a small hotel pension that is located near the foot of the Karlov Most (Charles Bridge) and just a 10 minute wonderful walk from the Hdracany Castle. This past NYE 2010 was my second visit to Prague, and I could go on and on about this beautiful, mystical, romantic city full of gothic and medieval structures, wonderful food (love goulash), and kind folk! But I want to mention that more about Pod Vezi here. I was concerned about my finance's stay here with me, as he is a business owner in America, and expects high speed internet access - can never fully break away from work! As general but as importantly, comfortable beds, warm rooms during winter and well running/functioning bathrooms are expected and fully experienced at Pod Vezi. Pod Vezi was very accommodating with all of these along with a fantastic 2 window room. It was wonderfully quiet at night for sleep too! The staff was very kind and helpful even before our arrival with basic travel questions: car parking, local transporations and recommended places to exchaged Euro for Kc. Also, the staff was very nice and willing with casual and informative conversation! I will stay here again when we come back! We got engaged during this vacation so we will be back as husband and wife! I will recommend Pod Vesi to anyone who I cross that will be visiting Prague for leisure or business travel!! Please feel free to contact me in Philadelphia USA if you have any questions about my experience. Thanks!
-Jo&Sun

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 22 October 2009

Cozy, smaller hotel in a great location, seconds from the Charles Bridge but secluded enough to be quiet at night. We had just a standard double room but it was very spacious and spotlessly clean. Staff were friendly and very accomodating. I'd also recommend the attached restaurant, we ate there twice in a week - it has a lovely ambience and the food was excellent, as were the cocktails recommended each night. We will definately stay there if we ever go back to Prague.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Great location, midway between the castle and old town. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby (La Cubana coctail bar got plenty of our business with live music each night) and despite the centrality, it's very quiet there. The staff were very friendly and the place spotless. The only problems we had was a toilet that didn't flush too well and air con that didn't cool down the room (it was a hot week in Prague). Otherwise, a must-stay for the money. Taxi there from the airport. It's not that much.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Not much to say about this little gem other than go stay! It is sometimes the case that hotels close to major tourist sites tend to be over priced with poor service - but that is not the case here. Although you can alsmost touch Charles Bridge from your wiodnow the hotel is quiet, clean and comfortable. Great and helpful staff and very relaxing. A perfect base for a break if you are not wanting to splash out on super luxury.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple