“A reasonable option”

Ranked #106 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Prague, Czech Republic
“A reasonable option”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed at Riverside Hotel twice and we enjoyed it very much. The first room was quite cosy and I really loved the bed and the bedding, for the second stay we chose the junior suite which was nice and spacious with beautiful view of the Prague castle, Vltava and the National Theatre. It is true that the location is not the most comfortable one, but once you get the hold of the trams and subway it is merely 5 minutes walk from anything "important". We always travelled without kids and I think this hotel is more suitable for business, couples, and friends visitors. It doesn't strike me as a family hotel. I found the personnel very friendly and helpful and we never encountered any language barrier. If you get a special-rate price (special offers are quite frequent here) I think this hotel is a very reasonable option in Prague.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hanele79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed at The Riverside Hotel and expected a lot from the hotel since it was a 4 star rating and we booked it well in advance... in the end I don't believe this hotel was worth it, the room was nice, don't get me wrong! BUT that doesn't make up for terrible service, expensive extras and a long walk to everything.
We arrived at the hotel before regular check in time and although it's not essential, when you have international guest arriving off an all night flight I would expect you to make an attempt to have a room ready, or at least a place to freshen up. They took our bags and we hit the city. It was pouring rain and since we had no room to change we were in traveling clothes, wet, cold and wandering aimlessly around Prague until our room was ready.
We stayed at the hotel for 4 days - the sleep quality was fine, the bed was hard, but that was expected. We had a courtyard view, nothing special. We did not partake in any of the hotel extras like the minibar/restaurant as they were too expensive.
On the final day we noticed items from our room missing. When we raised the concern at the front desk they called down housekeeping for a regular 'he said she said' debate which resulted in the (rather rude) front desk clerk suggesting we were just 'mistaken'. It was an unfortunate end to what we had hoped would be an exciting trip to Prauge!

Room Tip: pick a hotel closer to the city
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Skigirl25
LucieDagan, Operations Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at the Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague and also thank you for your feedback. I was concerned to hear about your dissatisfaction with our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs, and I was disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered.

Regarding the misunderstanding with an early check-in possibility. Unless previously booked we cannot guarantee this option however we always try to accommodate guests as soon as they arrive to the hotel. It depends on the occupancy and I assume when you arrived there were no rooms available. I wish we had an information about your early arrival before so we could take better care of it.

I was really concerned about the “missing items”. I wish you could contact me directly so we could discuss it further. It is hard to explain what happened unless I have detailed information on what items were missing. I would also appreciate if you gave me the name of the reception clerk you talked to so I could find out more. I apologize if he/she didn’t treat you in a respectful manner.

I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it. I will appreciate if you get back to me with more details. You can contact me on ldagan at mamaison . com

Hope to hear from you soon,

Regards
Lucie
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 9 February 2012

A nice hotel very close to the historical center of Prague about 10 minutes by feet,very good view on the river.Very good breakfast with helpful personel.You will face problem with English language.The only disantvantages of the hotel are that the a la carte is only in theory with capacity of 2 tables and the room service charge of 8 Euros.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My friend and I had a weekend in Prague for the Christmas markets. Unfortunately my mobile phone fell out of my bag in the taxi taking us to the hotel from the airport. I never did get it back despite numerous calls and e- mails to the taxi company and I even reported it to the police as missing propertybut to no avail.. This incident could have spoiled our whole weekend but luckily for us we had a great time because of the fantastic staff at the hotel. They were all so helpful over the phone incident and the reception staff could not do enough for me in trying to retrieve my phone. The hotel itself is lovely and clean, the rooms are spacious and we had a great view over the river. The breakfast was very good with lots of choice and again really pleasant helpful staff. The hotel is in a great location by the river with a pleasant stroll to all the main sights or with easy access to the tram network if you don't feel like walking. We really liked this hotel and would be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone visitng Prague for the weekend

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
NOTTINGHAM, UK
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Within walking distance to the main centre (around 15-20mins)
Tram stop 5 mins walk away.
Service fab and the staff are very helpful regarding advising you on how to get around etc. Great brekafast.
Looks fantastic at night all lit up.
I would deffinitely return to this hotel. Have booked a few customers here too as I'm a travel agent.
Standad room overlooked a courtyard, not a river view but you get what you pay for.
October was the perfect time to go. Not too warm -Was 25 degrees but that was due to a heat wave.

Room Tip: I would pay for a river view if I was to go again