“worst performance ever”

Ranked #799 of 1,084 things to do in Prague
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I saw a black theater performance in 2000 and was anxious to see another show. The performance I saw at the All Color Theater last week, March 2014, was the worst performance I have ever seen in any theater. Any high school production in America far exceeds this theaters performance. The black lights were so dim that they might have well been off. The paint on the props was so worn that they did not glow and were old and silly. The acting was pathetic, if you can call that acting. The plot was shallow and far from entertaining. DO NOT waste your time or money at this theater. I never complain or write reviews, but this really angered me. I paid good money and I got nothing in return.

1  Thank prnkitty

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I saw the Faust show and had mixed feelings about it - she was no fan at all but I quite enjoyed the staging and effects (entertaining rather than mind-blowing). There's certainly better ways to spend time of an evening in Prague but it only took an hour, so it leaves you free to try something else too.

1  Thank TopTripBrit
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I recalled seeing a black light theatre show in my childhood and thought it was just magical. Even though I read some different reviews I thought I'd give this a go. They were seeing tickets next to one of the national theatre buildings so I thought this might be the best of the bunch. The show was called something to do with Frankenstein, but this was just a sorry excuse to link together a whole lot of unrelated scenes to show off gimicky effects (a train trip that takes in Paris, the Tirol etc, an underwater scene and on it goes) that had very little to do with Mary Shelley's gothic tale - truly she should be turning in her grave. Admittedly some of the performers are quite talented and obviously have performing arts backgrounds, how they keep doing this night after night i don't know. Obviously they need the income. Many of the props are past their use by date too, and aren't even all that well painted. I get insulted when people say these shows are 'just for tourists'.... lots of tourists are experienced performing arts goers and don't deserve to be insulted with this kind of show! I couldn't wait for it to end - i would have left earlier but I would have had to crawl over the laps of others in my row.

1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed 17 July 2011

do NOT waste your money on this theatre! we went to the see the Frankenstein production and it states its for all ages, in actual fact children would also get easily bored. on hindsight i wish we had just walked out as it was such a waste of out time. very poor acting, absolutely no storyline and very tedious. it was TERRIBLE, other guests thought the same as we got talking to them during the interval.
Spend your money elsewhere! The cost was £18 each.

1  Thank 1980rlc