Review Highlights

Windhoek, Namibia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Prague
from USD 28.80
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went as a group of friends, not really knowing much about this sort of theatre. Saw the show about Dr. Frankenstein and it was very funny, we all enjoyed it. Don't expect a serious theatre experience, it's all quite surreal and slapstick.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Ok people, get a grip. This isn't meant to be your expected "high culture" experience. It is silly. It is slapstick. It is definitely psychedelic. It won't be for everyone but we certainly had an excellent time. Went to the Frankenstein production. Would go again. Nothing quite like it. The overt racist content towards the Roma was quite unacceptable though.

Reviewed 15 October 2014

It was a waste of time and money.
i have never seen such a bad show wanted to leave in the middle, but didnt want to offend the actors

5  Thank Aric_Dani
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Saw 'The colors and dreams of Dr Frankenstein' which was fantastic. It was so entertaining and amazing to see so many people who did not speak the same language enjoy and share the same experience. If you get a chance splash out on a ticket, you will be thoroughly entertained.

3  Thank Wendy O
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was looking for something to do all by myself in the evening in old city centre and found this small theatre. I paid 22 Euros to watch the show "the color dreams of Dr Frankenstein". It is not only the traditional black light theatre methods, but the 3D technology which made this show quite spectacular! The distinctive characteristics of "black theatre" are the use of black curtains, a darkened stage, and "black lighting" (UV light), paired with fluorescent costumes in order to create intricate visual illusions. Sadly had some kids behind me that were than and again pushing against my chair. Maybe in total we were also just 15 spectators. However I enjoyed the show. No photos allowed.

2  Thank Annette S
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I saw a black theater performance in 2000 and was anxious to see another show. The performance I saw at the All Color Theater last week, March 2014, was the worst performance I have ever seen in any theater. Any high school production in America far exceeds this theaters performance. The black lights were so dim that they might have well been off. The paint on the props was so worn that they did not glow and were old and silly. The acting was pathetic, if you can call that acting. The plot was shallow and far from entertaining. DO NOT waste your time or money at this theater. I never complain or write reviews, but this really angered me. I paid good money and I got nothing in return.

1  Thank prnkitty
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I saw the Faust show and had mixed feelings about it - she was no fan at all but I quite enjoyed the staging and effects (entertaining rather than mind-blowing). There's certainly better ways to spend time of an evening in Prague but it only took an hour, so it leaves you free to try something else too.

1  Thank TopTripBrit
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I recalled seeing a black light theatre show in my childhood and thought it was just magical. Even though I read some different reviews I thought I'd give this a go. They were seeing tickets next to one of the national theatre buildings so I thought this might be the best of the bunch. The show was called something to do with Frankenstein, but this was just a sorry excuse to link together a whole lot of unrelated scenes to show off gimicky effects (a train trip that takes in Paris, the Tirol etc, an underwater scene and on it goes) that had very little to do with Mary Shelley's gothic tale - truly she should be turning in her grave. Admittedly some of the performers are quite talented and obviously have performing arts backgrounds, how they keep doing this night after night i don't know. Obviously they need the income. Many of the props are past their use by date too, and aren't even all that well painted. I get insulted when people say these shows are 'just for tourists'.... lots of tourists are experienced performing arts goers and don't deserve to be insulted with this kind of show! I couldn't wait for it to end - i would have left earlier but I would have had to crawl over the laps of others in my row.

1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed 17 July 2011

do NOT waste your money on this theatre! we went to the see the Frankenstein production and it states its for all ages, in actual fact children would also get easily bored. on hindsight i wish we had just walked out as it was such a waste of out time. very poor acting, absolutely no storyline and very tedious. it was TERRIBLE, other guests thought the same as we got talking to them during the interval.
Spend your money elsewhere! The cost was £18 each.

1  Thank 1980rlc
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Not amazing but very entertaining and fun. It was worth the experience.