All reviews na prikope old town square great location breakfast room royal suite jacuzzi bath central location tea and coffee nice hotel astronomical clock charles bridge late at night walking distance decent size nice breakfast minute walk fresh fruit
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We spent three nights at the Friday Hotel and were very pleased with our choice. The Hotel is very clean, rooms are spacious and the staff, especially the front desk, is very friendly and attentive. But the best thing about this hotel has to be its location. It's right in the center of Prague and all the major attractions are within short walking distance. And if you wish to travel further, the metro stop Mústek is only about 100m away. The only negative thing about the hotel was probably the occasional noise from the street, but that didn't really bother me. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone visiting the beautiful city of Prague.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KHHPEL
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Friday Hotel Prague is really good value for money! Main advantage: its location. Coming from Vaclav Havel Airport, just take bus 119 until metro Dejvicka. Change to metro line A and get off at Mustek. The hotel is situated at only 100 m from the metro exit! Friday Hotel is right in the main shopping street, with lots of shops, galeries and restaurants literally next door. Only a few steps to go to Vencesclas Place and the Old Town Place. Just a short walk to Charle's Bridge. Metros and trams within easy reach. Ideal for visiting the wonderful city of Prague! The hotel itself is very nice, too. Modern and warm interior. The woman at the reception was kind an d polite. The room was comfortable and nicely furbished. Big bathroom. The breakfast room was enjoyable and the buffet breakfast varied with warm and cold dishes. The hotel offers coffee and tea throughout the day for free. WiFi internet access available for free all over the hotel. At the reception, you can find a PC for fixed internet access. If you are sensitive to street noise, please ask a room at the rear of the building as there might be some noise from late returning people. Also good to know: most shops in Prague are open 7 days a week! All by all a great experience, highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maago070873
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We recently spent a long weekend in the wonderful town of Prague, and the Friday Hotel turned out to be a perfect choice. Located on a pedestrian street, it is only a 5 minutes walk form the Old Town Square, so that that everything worth seeing is easily at walking distance. We were in Prague in January, so off-season and we cannot comment on issues like sounds coming from the streets, since there was no one around ... The room was large and in good conditions, with a very comfortable bathroom. To be very picky, the hotel is not in mint conditions, but it is really only a matter of marginal details, like, some towels in the bathroom were a bit worn out. Personnel was nice and efficient (at least the blonde girl who managed our staying), they helped us out with restaurant reservations and were always there with a smile. Breakfast is perfect, with a wide choice of sweet and salad food. Excellent service/cost ratio. We can recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 307 on the third floor, windows just over the main entrance, was the one we got, and turned out to be a good choice
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alepd
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was my 1st experience of using Expedia to book a holiday and doing a long week-end away (partner's surprise 50th b/d celebration).
This privately owned family hotel has 43 bedrooms of which we only used 1. It is just off the main street and central to the city sights. Our room was a kings size double. Very clean, tidy and relaxing. It suited us as it had character without being either dindgy or too open plan / modern.
The whole staff were extremely warm and friendly when approached. The ladies in the restaurant ensured everything for breakfast was well cooked and fresh. Their range covered everyone's standard needs. From continental to English breakfast. Fresh fruit, fresh pancakes, fresh baked desserts; cereal. Unlimited visits meant you left the hotel for your day trips very well contented.
The ladies on the 24 hr reception were the finishing touch to the hotel. They included Paulina and Marie. They answered all questions and gave good suggestions as to what can be found and where in their city. How to use the various modes of transport / approx costs / directions / supplied basic maps etc. They also ensured any hotel queries were sorted out very promptly by house management e.g. no plug in bath - sorted within the hour of reporting it.
The hotel was our home for 4 days and we were treated as part of their bigger family. Made our holiday. I never go back to anywhere I have been in the world but Hotel Friday and Prague could be the first time I break that rule as I would like to see Prague in the Spring / Summer time and defintely would go back to hotel Friday to ensure I had every chance of enjoying another visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wally R
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I wanted to love this hotel. The location was fantastic. Easily within walking distance of the major sites. The woman who worked the front desk was amazing!! She even assisted me when I locked my suitcase keys in the locked suitcase. She really was wonderful. That being said, my room was so old, small, and dirty. The bed was an actual king sized bed and not two mattresses pushed together. This is rare in Europe. But, the TV was tiny and only showed CNN and BBC in English. The other channels didn't even come in. The bathroom shower was old. The shower head barely sprayed water, and when it did, half went outside of the tub. One light was out my entire stay. The room never really felt clean, especially the bathroom. One day, an open bottle of bleach was left in the bathroom. There was very little light. The internet barely had enough signal to work in the room. The only redeeming attribute was the heated floors in the bathroom. I was really quite disappointed in the room. Perhaps they have remodeled some of the rooms and not others. But, it irritates me when I get a poor room because I book through Expedia and not the hotel website. The breakfast was nice. Fairly decent variety. I would stay here again, but not for the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo