“Good hostel in a handy location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Town Budget Hotel

Little Town Budget Hotel
Ranked #43 of 644 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Sydney, Australia
“Good hostel in a handy location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed in a mixed dorm room with 6 beds. It was simple, decorated with ikea furniture. It had a kitchenette and a large bathroom. The place was quiet, and the location handy. Close to Charles Bridge, Prague castle. Small supermarket nearby, ATM nearby, and walkable to the nearest subway but you can just hop on the tram. No breakfast but there is a (rather expensive) Starbucks nearby, and better cafe that is about a 5 minute walk (go down to the main street, turn right on the main street and walk yourself to the tram stop, you'll see a very tiny place). Staff were helpful, and they had tourist maps. They kept my bag on my last day in Prague as I had a night train to catch, which was good. The annoying thing was they didn't let me back in to use the bathroom on my return (but I tagged along with another guest to get in).

I used the Euro driver service that they recommend on their website from the airport, it was good.

Good things - location, security (code to get in, lockers for hire), good value for the price, daily cleaning

Could do better - more storage in the room, not all the beds had bedside storage/ chair, no individual night lights (bring a torch!), wireless internet not working in the rooms, only in the common room (signal is super weak in the rooms)

Room Tip: book early to get a small room - it's not that much more for a smaller dorm
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank 33-1-3-rpm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Chamcar Bei
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Considering all other reviews I guess I had bad luck during my stay. The staff on duty wasn't helpful at all! My questions got rather obtuse answers and they didn't look at me while talking.. Very frustrating. Even worse was the dorm, which I shared with about 10 other people. There was only one bathroom, so it took ages before we could finally make use of it (other bathrooms were not found in the vicinity of the room...).
Forgetting the drawbacks, this hostel does have a great location. Just next to the Charles Bridge both sides of town are easily reached by foot.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Petra19, Manažer at Little Town Budget Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2014
Hello, we are sorry that at the reception you didn t felt to be welcome. We swear next time it ll be better:) About dormbeds - you are sharing the whole apartment with others tourists, there is only one bathroom and kitchen inside. Thank you for your understanding.
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

My mom and I stayed here on a girlie weekend trip in Feb and we were really impressed considering it's self titled 'budget' hotel. The room we had was a spacious 6 bed apartment with it's own kitchen and lounge type area. Although breakfast was not provided having a kitchen and nearby shops made it cheap and easy to make your own. The staff were really helpful and knew my name as soon as we arrived, we didn't need much from them while we were there but when we did they were helpful and courteous. As far as area is concerned, it couldn't have been better, I've stayed on the Old Town Square side of the river before which was great, but this was just beautiful and a bit removed if you fancy a more chilled atmosphere away from the stag do's and typical tourist traps. It was a 5 min walk max to the castle, and less than that to Charles Bridge and the whole Kampa Island area. There was a computer room for internet access if you needed it, I didn't as I used my phone. All in all a great place to stay, suited us although it was probably more budget than my mom normally goes for, but more up amrket than the usual hostels, great! Also if you're here definately go by their recommendations for nearby places to eat/drink or visit. U Maleho Glena or little Glen's Bar was our favourite haunt :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Emily M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed in the 10-bed dorm for just one night, but it was great, clean, and exactly what I wanted. As is common in the Czech Republic, the '10-bed dorm' was actually one room with 4 beds and another with 6 .. the bathroom was in a separate room adjacent to the kitchen with a cooktop and kettle etc. Everything was tidy, nice tiled walkways and pretty wooden stairs between floors. I used the free internet on the computers on level 2 which was very much appreciated. The hotel is very close to Charles Bridge, and just two tram-stops away from Old Town. No idea about the private rooms but I thought the dorm was great.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank nz_taniwha
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

MY BROTHER AND I STAYED IN A PRIVATE ROOM.It was a bit weird in that our beds were downstairs with a kitchenette and the bathroom was up a staircase and through a dorm room . quite a hike to get to if you need to use the loo in the middle of the night. upstairs was also used for storage space. there was no where really to put our bags or our coats but the place was very clean and the staff VERY helpful and friendly. when we got there i told the man at the desk i was a vegetarian an while we were settling in to our room he researched all the vego restaurants in Prague and dotted them on a map for us.  My brother also left his passport in the computer room and it was thankfully returned to us. the cleaner found it in the bin and handed it in. thank god! my brother would have been screwed if he lost that! i would stay here again for sure

• Stayed January 2012