“Five Star Extravagance, Exceptional Cuisine, A Night to Remember”

Terasa u Zlate Studne
Ranked #19 of 5,372 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: USD 49 - USD 87
Cuisines: International, European
Good for: View, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Hradcany & Letna
Atlanta, Georgia
“Five Star Extravagance, Exceptional Cuisine, A Night to Remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

I've visited Prague 20+ times since 1997 and found this restaurant on an afternoon walk with friends in 2000 something, when we enjoyed dessert on the terrace. I planned to return during subsequent trips, but sadly couldn't find the location. Finally in Oct of 2011, I found the restaurant online and my fiance made reservations for my birthday on the 6th. It was a night to remember. I ordered the lobster, but unfortunately was told that they had just sold the remaining lobster to another guest. I asked the waitress to ask the Chef if he would select the signature Beef dish or the Shrimp if it was his birthday. I asked her to surprise me with his choice, since I love surprises, especially on my birthday. The staff made a beautiful presentation with a silver dome over my plate adding to the excitement. They asked are you ready for your surprise, and when I said yes, they revealed a beautifully plated lobster. I never found out how they managed the order, but I do know that it was the best lobster that I have ever eaten and I have been to Maine too many times to count. I can count memorable birthdays on 1 hand and this is certainly one of them. The view of Prague from this terrace location is fantastic, the wait staff are wonderful (certainly worth their weight in tips), and the Chef, well, let's just say that he holds a special place in my heart. Thank you for such an incredible experience!!! I had planned to write this review earlier and I'm sorry that I didn't. We definitely plan to make this our first dinner stop on our next visit to Prague.

• Visited October 2011

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dolni Brezany
“Great place, great meal with excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

One of the best restaurants in Prague, it is worth to visit. Quiet place with romantic atmosphere, any noise around, perfect view over the Prague from the castle hill. Hidden in the old town just under the castle.
Highly recommended from my point of view.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank PepaDolniBrezany
Stockholm, Sweden
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We visited the restaurant i march 2012
we had the tasting menu and we loved it
awesome food and superb service.

i really recommend this if you are in prauge and want to have
a fine dining experience with a great view

loved it

• Visited March 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Overpriced, OK Food, Great View.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

The service was good. The food was OK. But for the price ($200) it was not worth it at all. We had the following:

Halibut Mousse -- Fishy jello foam. Not good.
Traditional “Prague Ham” -- Tastes like canned Vienna sausage. Not Good.
Milk-Fed Veal "sous vide" -- This was good, very tender.
Fillet of Beef served in Cream Sauce -- This was good.
Vanilla Parfait -- This was fine.

Due to the price, I would not eat here again, just not worth it for what you get.

The sunset view was great.

• Visited August 2011
maiklgwell, Manager at Terasa u Zlate Studne, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Dear Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you for your visit in our restaurant and also for your opinion. We do apologize, that you were not satisfied with some of our dishes and simply we do not reach your expectations. Sometimes is very hard to prepare meals, which will be acceptable by the whole consumer spectrum. But such this reviews always help us to think all the time about the improvement for our clients and to implement valuable ideas from you and other guests. We will be happy, if you change your mind and you will stop in our restaurant also next time. And we ensure you, that we are going to beat your last visit. In positively way of course.

Michal Motyčka
PR
“Wonderful restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

It was a wonderful experience! We sat on the upper terrace and saw the sun set over the roof tops! The food is great and the service was fabulous! A must when you visit Prague.

• Visited August 2011