All reviews town square toast tip case wifi language
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

We went there just for family dinner and were a bit shocked. What used to be one of best restaurants in town is now the worst. Unpleasant service, only 3 strange plates to choose from and an hour waiting for a salad. We were the only people there and now I know why... And they looked at us like it was our fault no one goes there anymore. The hotel might be nice, but I don't believe it. Never again!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Petr N
Reviewed 26 August 2015

I stayed here for 2 days for business trip. The room was clean and had good WIFI reception, you will need to ask for password.
Food in the restaurant was good, not too much to choose from, but good.
Personal very happy to help.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2015

No frills but it's clean and modern, no tea/coffee making facilities in the room and a limited TV channel selection. It is near the town square but quiet at night. Only Czech and German spoken by the staff.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Atlantic784
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Front line male staff rude as heck.
Booked via Booking.com. When we turned up, he said he had no rooms. I showed him the booking email, and he just shrugged his shoulders and walked off.
Suffice to say I gave him a piece of my mind, and I must have had a face of thunder as he miraculously found two single rooms. (It had been a long hard day on the bike, I was in no mood for idiots, and certainly not rude idiots!)
Room was ok, basic and functional.
Location was bang-on, right in the middle of town.
Breakfast plentiful
No wifi in the rooms
Night porter lady friendly enough.
Parking out back was sheltered and good for bikes.
An ok hotel all in, but stay was ruined by moron on front desk as it was the closest I have got to having a fight with a hotel receptionist in all my 40 years!
Cheb is a pleasant but dull place mind, compared to Trebon it is very ordinary.

Room Tip: Get one as low as possible for Wifi. Avoid back of hotel near kitchen extractor fans
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Clean hotel, right in the center of Cheb. The only foreign language they speak is German and if you speak English is useless. The wifi connection was average to bad, at the reception they were confusing the password, but finally it was ok. The opening hours for the restaurants are uncertain.
Tip: don't pay in euro cash, pay either with Czech crowns or by card.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends