“Udercooked chicken”

Ranked #29 of 143 Restaurants in Cesky Krumlov
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2016

This restaurant was recommended to us at our accommodation, and admittedly, both of my friends were pleased with their meals. The beers were good too. But my chicken arrived still VERY pink in the middle, not at all cooked through. I had eaten a few bites before I realised how undercooked it was, leaving me worried the entire night that I would be sick (fortunately I wasn't). When I sent it back, the staff were not at all apologetic, and seemed unfazed - as though they didn't realise raw chicken is unsafe to eat. They treated it like it just wasn't cooked to my liking, and wouldn't even waive it from the bill. When I questioned it, they said I was charged for my replacement meal. All in all, a really bad experience in the otherwise lovely Cesky Krumlov. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank PhoebeR17

Reviewed 7 August 2016

was recommended by the local tour guide

Might be difficult to spot, its a small restaurant with a rustic feel.. does not look great from outside. But food seemed like very traditional affair, especially the fried cheese dish, which is a local specialty. Also serves the fampus Eggenberg beer...

Its pretty crowded when we were there. Recommend the outdoor eating arrangement, nice place to have a long, lovely lunch, watching the tourists and the locals of this quaint, sleepy town walking by.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We had a nice meal there our first night in Krumlov. The food was good and the ambiance fun. The beer is good but not enough to make up for the average food.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Everything in this small city is beautiful, it is definitely worth visiting, the people are very nice

1  Thank annanhm
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Don't be put off by the run down Tavern look,this is a very popular bar for both tourists and locals.Good cheery service and good pub grub very quickly served,excellent beer and reasonable prices.not fine dining but great atmosphere.

Date of visit: July 2016