“Careful if you book organised tour what's included”
Review of Konopiste Castle

USD 53.84*
Konopiste Castle Private Tour from Prague
USD 117.25*
and up
Konopiste Chateau and Cesky Sternberk Castle and Sázava Monastery Private Tour...
Ranked #133 of 2,460 things to do in Bohemia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1300, by the Benesovec family, this imposing castle is a magnificent example of the medieval fortification architecture influenced by the French.
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

It's a really lovely place and trophies are amazing and tour 1 includes lots of the historic rooms but you have to book another tour to see armoury. I would have paid extra for this but not an option from the company I booked with so missed it. Well worth a visit though. One irritating thing is they don't let you take photos which I can't understand though I taken a couple before they told me

Reviewed 16 September 2017

This was a great little castle with amazing history attached (eg., Franz Ferdinand). It was very well kept/restored and preserved. The weaponry/armoury collection is fascinating (and I'm not particularly into weapons). This is definitely worth dropping by to see. It could easily pass as something that someone still lives in. I would have liked more time to wander the 'estate' as the gardens were beautiful and a wonderful distraction from the hurly burly of Prague in summer. If you can, go and visit this place. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

The castle itself is impressive on the hill. There was a concert going on on the grounds. There was a person teaching archery near the entrance after climbing up the hill. Lively and fun looking.
The owner and his wife were assassinated in Sarajevo, the event that triggered the WWI.
Our guide Pavel made a huge difference by telling not only the stories and background, but also by answering all kind of questions.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We only had time to do one tour so we did tour 2 which highlighted some of the castle, some of the animals and the armour. The armour collection was amazing! It was great to see up close things you read about in books. It is the 3rd largest collection in Europe. It was great to see where Franz Ferdinand lived. I wish we had had time to visit the grounds as they looked spectacular.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

There is no need to take a tour from Prague to reach the castle. We took the train to Benesov, which took about 50 minutes from Prague at an incredibly low cost. The train is nice, people were very helpful.

Upon arrival to Benesov we took a taxi, which drove us to the castle.

The castle is in a beautiful forest. The tour is in Czech, but they provide audio guides.

The restaurant outside the castle, down the hill is very good and prices are beyond reasonable.

I highly recommend the visit!

2  Thank Karla H