All reviews long beach water pressure white sand beach port barton el nido paradise sunset van palawan nest electricity island puerto accommodation
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Arrival/Location
We arrived with a van from Puerto Princessa (450 PHP/person) and were dropped of at Victoria's, where we stayed 4 nights. The location is great: Right on the beach with a sandy garden, lots of tables and chairs, a small village in the back, where you can buy water, sweets, very limited fish, fruits an vegetables.

The beach is nice, but nothing special. They only have 4 sunbeds and they lack a proper mat, so it is uncomfy after some time. On the beach you will see locals and fishermen, which is nice. Book a tour to paradise-like Imaruan island with a local boat, rather than through the hotel. We paid 2500 PHP for a boat for 4 persons, starting around 9AM until 4PM. The hotel will charge you 1200 PHP/person. Sandflies can be problem, but that is not unusual on the Philippines. We had only a few of them.

Price/Room
A double room with sea view for 2 persons at 1.500 PHP/night with a private bathroom (breakfast included). Because of the whole experience we had, the price is slightly too high. Room and bathroom are very basic, yet clean. Bathroom of no. 3 is tiny and is connected to the kitchen thorugh openings in the wall, which brings you all kinds of food smells into your room. The water tank on the roof leaks regularly, which can be annoying at night. Also the pillows need to be replaced since they are flat like a piece of paper. The room has only one small side table and one hanging rail. Unfortunately Nowhere else to put your stuff. The worst thing is that the walls are extremly thin and you can here literally everything what your neighbours nextdoor and upstairs are doing and saying.

Breakfast is included, but you won't regret it if you miss it. It's very little food and it consists of either 1 toast or 3 pancake pieces (not a whole one), 1 egg and either some weird and not tasty vegetable or a very bad looking sausage. Lunch and dinner are not served based on a menu, since they do not have a menu. So you have to ask what they have and they will tell you: Fish, chicken, pork and rice. Only if you ask further, you might find out that they have more dishes. We had different ones: Fries are just ok, fried rice with vegetables was the worst we had in SEA so far, rice with vegetables in soysauce was the best choice. Prices are reasonable, but it takes them some time to prepare, so take that into account. For good food you should go to Club Agutaya Resort, which is a 10min drive away (100-150 PHP per way).

Wifi/Electricity/Water
Very bad and no signal in our room, do not rely on it. You are lucky if you can receive whatsapp messages. Apparently they are using a very bad connection/provider, because we had better wifi at other places close by. That should be imrpoved. Charging is only possible outside at the bar, which is inconvenient and also you will need an adapter, which we didn't need in 3 weeks travelling through the Phillipines. Water pressure was very weak and we never had hot water. We told them several times and they pretended to do something, but nothing changed over 4 nights.

The employees are quite unattentive and it is unclear who is actually working there. You often have to remind them when you have asked for information, because they promise to find out the needed info, but they will not follow up on it. We asked for a van transfer to be booked and confirmed for the same day, but when I asked 30min later, I was told that they didn't book it, because they thought we already had a booking. Theyjust decided that without double-checking with me. That is unprofessional. Also, we asked them to clean our room, but they didn't. Especially when you should not throw toilet paper in the toilet, the bathroom should be cleaned daily. It is frustrating if you have to make sure that they actually do what you asked them to.

Motorbike rental
Great motorbike, proper helmets, fair price.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank memory-hunters
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We reached this place after 3.5 hours boat from Sabang + 15 minutes taxi from Sao Vicente harbour. The boat is quicker than van but very very noisy and double price of van, consider this when you make your choice. This place is much more than a simple stop on your Puerto Princesa - El Nido route: fantastic beach, few tourists, kind staff and great landscape, everything you can image for a relaxing break is here. Good meals and excellent gin tonic.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I really wanted to love the place because the beach looked nice and quiet. But my vacation was ruined by Sandflies which snacked on the thighs, back and legs. The staff were polite but indifferent (especially the lady manager). The food seemed expensive for so-so fare (and I hated having to think what to request to eat based on their available resources. Meals start at 200 pesos per dish). In the end, because of my sandfly bites, i opted to lose out on my last day stay and return to Puerto Prinsesa to find better more comfortable accomodations.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank aweiway
Reviewed 8 March 2018

I did enjoy this beautiful paradise. Best dinner on the beach and lovely cocktail. It is a peaceful, gorgeous place on a beautiful beach. The atmosphere is magic on sunset and I met lovely people. I will come back

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Cash is king. Walls are thin. Nothing but sand from miles around. If you don’t have cash you can’t do anything. Their machine is always broken. (They don’t want to pay the fee I’m guessing) The owner is a business lady and puts the staff in a vicarious situation not having tools available to them to use. So I paid my 5 day vacay incidentals without leaving a tip : ( We were a special guest on day one and a number on day 5 Thank goodness my boyfriend was from the Philippines because I felt loss from the communication with the staff after that day. The excursions were awesome but we paid a $20 to $40 USD premium for them to arrange. Fair? Not convenient ! Will not return or refer out. Sorry Victoria. It was the least special place from our 11 places we stayed in 45 days in Asia in 2018

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple