All reviewslong beachsand fliesstretch of white sand beachcitronella spraynik niksshampoo and conditionerclose to natureisland hopping tourmain buildingpork humbanight stayinfinity poolport bartonbreakfast buffetevery morningpuerto princesaivory
Reviewed 24 July 2017

It is a bit difficult contacting the hotel, and there was a lack of response for the most part. However, when I was able to connect with Ms. Therese Redada, I got a more prompt reply. I was able to snag a 3 Day / 2 Nights voucher and that is how I discovered Club Agutaya. It is quite far, a 4 hour drive and on the opposite side of Palawan, and I realized squeezing in a trip to the popular El Nido or Coron sites was not an option as private vans cost a LOT. Regardless, after a long and arduous ride in a public van, my companion and I were greeted by a cozy and modern resort! The service staff greeted us and even prepared our room with balloons and a streamer for my boyfriend's belated birthday. That was great service right there! We were the only guests at the time and the staff were courteous but not too intruding. We particularly appreciated the service from sir Jojo who accompanied us for our island tour. Yes, there are also islands to be seen in San Vicente. Maybe not as spectacular as those in El Nido or Coron, but still beautiful! The package offered by the hotel was all-inclusive (boat, boatman, a VERY bountiful lunch spread, snacks, water, snorkel hear, private car transport to Port Barton, and the eco fees). The hotel is beachfront, such a gorgeous beachfront, and there is also a good-sized infinity pool - we were pleasantly surprised that the water was nice and warm. The Lily Cafe was the hotel restaurant and had good food - although the breakfast staff could improve a bit more on their service.

Overall we had a lovely stay, the beach was gorgeous. Even without island tours, Long Beach was well-worth it!

Stayed: June 2017
Maria E, Owner at Club Agutaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for finding time to write about uss. Our remoteness is why we are hard to connect with but hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Hoping to be of service to you again soon!

Cheers
MARIA and Team Club Agutaya

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The place and the beach that we don't want people to know about ;) Our stay in Club Agutaya was unplanned. We went there just for a day trip to have a peek of the 14.5km stretch of white sand beach but turned out to be a great 3 day, 2 night stay and we got it for a steal since it's low peak season already. Plus, we got the resort by ourselves! Yes, we were the only guests. We just stayed at the resort for 3 days, beach-sleep-eat-repeat. Access to the "Long Beach" made our stay more enjoyable. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. Since the long beach is quite uninhabited, sandflies are present. The resort provided us with off lotion and citronella spray though. The food was great, don't miss the San Vicente soup. Perfect escape from everyday life!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Having read some of the other reviews, I seriously have to ask if these reviewers really went to the same place as I did.
This is just the most incredible place I have ever been to. 14 kilometres of beautiful white sandy beach lined with coconut palms and completely empty, where in the world do you get that now.
The resort is a perfect retreat, we were treated like VIP,s from the moment we arrived and it just got getter and better.
The staff are just so on the ball, catering for every need and nothing during the 6 night stay was too much trouble.
The food was incredible, so tasty and completely dispelled our preconception of the cuisine of the Phillipines. Maria you cooked me the best fish I have ever eaten and the pork humba was delicious ! I'll come back just for that .
The island hopping tour you organised for us was a terrific experience and a day that gave me memories that will last a life time. Thank you Ben for making the day so special and looking after us so well.
A really big thank you to Mark you worked so hard to make our holiday the experience of a lifetime and wow you did just that. Thank you for introducing us to local life, loved the beauty pageant, the cultural dance, and the local night life. Cieh, thank you for your friendship and expert driving skills !
There are so many lovely people to mention, Maria, Icy, Tabi, Mark, Ben, Ivory, Delia,JP, Cieh, Matet - you all gave us such a wonderful time, I hope I have not forgotten anyone ! You all feel like my Filipino family and I can't wait to see you all again.
To anyone reading this review - don't hesitate just go there I'm sure you will have no regrets. It is surely one of the few places left in the world that is truly unspoilt .

Room Tip: The villas are terrific
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Maria E, CEO/Chef Maria at Club Agutaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

To our new member of the family ...

Thank you for allowing us to introducing you to the real Filipino tradition. We are so happy to welcome you to our home. That is how we would like to be referred to by our guests. Looking forward to your next vacation and we will make your stay again truly Filipino.

MARIA and team Club Agutaya

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

The service of the hotel is impeccable! Staff is always there to assist you, from the front desk to the pool area to the dining area. Love their homemade bread! The rooms and the bathrooms are big and comfortable. There was hot water in the shower. The pool is big and well-maintained. The beach front is beautiful! Bring bug repellant though because the beach, being almost untouched and empty all the time, is still the territory of sand bugs. Loved my stay at this resort and will definitely come back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank attysjl
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We are a family of 3 and we travelled with our 3-year old. It was 4hrs away from Puerto Princesa and we arrived around 7PM. After long hours of travel with a kid we were just so exhausted. But those were washed away as soon as we had dinner! Food was affordable considering how yummy and fresh everything was! Our favorites are sinigang na isda (ordered it 3-4 times), San Vicente soup and grilled dishes. I also love their complimentary pandan iced tea! The beach is stunning and had it by ourselves, it was so peaceful and relaxing and the sunsets are to die for. Definitely worth the travel, its remoteness is what made it magical. Just check these pictures out, just took them with my phone, unfiltered. :)

Sandflies that were very talked about on past reviews didnt really bother us at all. Club Agutaya will take care of that for you by providing free citronella and Off lotion.

One thing we see that can be improved is the complimentary breakfast. I honestly feel that its better not to give any if it will only be bread and egg for 3 mornings that we were there. That kinda took away the feeling of being on a vacation. We're used to looking forward to breakfast buffet everytime we're on vacation for choosing a high end resort and to go from there to that is a bit disappointing. Nonetheless, we still had a wonderful time.

Thank you to Mark and Dave who stood out to us for their friendliness during our stay.

Til next time!!