All reviews family business beautiful pastry main floor the bus nice room the owner location
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2019

very good breakfast, nice people, very helpful,very nice location. Good prices.Nice room. You are in the center of Apollonia. The bus stop is outside of the hotel. The owner gives a welcome sweet. In the main floor there is a beautiful pastry shop where you can taste traditional cookies. Definitely I will come back

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2018

First of all, day we were to leave there was a ferry strike and staff alleviated any worries we had about keeping the room for another night. Staff at all levels were friendly, patient and helpful. On prior visits to Sifnos and Apollonia I wondered why I wasn't staying there and after this visit, so happy we did. We were able to get the balcony seaview/pastoral room we wanted and it wasn't noisy as i thought it might be. This room was NOT too small. The location, especially if taking buses, many walks, wanting services (ATM, travel, post) is ideal. Our room had a fan as well as A/C, fridge and a safe. Loved the view over fields towards Kastro and beyond to the ghost of Antiparos and on the other side down to the courtyard or up,up the hill to the monastery and to the side, church bells. There were chairs and table out front and on balcony. Laundry on site was 12 euro for 5kg. We found the breakfast, perhaps the best of our trip, changing daily and wonderfully fresh with added confections - speaking of which the confectionery at the hotel bottom was amazing in its vast array of treats many of which were getting packaged up for weddings. When i was leaving I was offered a few fresh ones from the pastry master. The courtyard area was really pleasant too as was the up front restaurant. Really the owners/staff made a big difference - the opposite of a 'sterile' hotel experience. Winding down in September,
not a lot of live music nearby, but if you went up the steno (main pedestrian walkway)
and turned left there was an outdoor restaurant/courtyard with really good live music, so went there twice, but can't remember the name. The other palce, though, was upnear the windmills in Exambala. Since we've been home i keep thining of those great breakfasts that were included. Would i like to go back - hell, ya.

Room tip: gotta have the seaview balcony upstairs
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018

My single room (room 7) looked lovely but felt like it was built to ‘tick all the boxes’ with no thought to how comfortable it is to stay in.
The whole space felt cramped and I left with a few bruises sustained as the space is too small to negotiate easily - to get to the bed, one walks past a table and chair on one side and a mirror on the wall on the other, a width of about 12 inches (rendering the mirror fairly unusable). To get to the terrace, one walks past the end of the bed, a width of about 12 inches when taking the curtain and tv on the wall into account. The shower is cramped in between the toilet and basin, the shower attachment was missing one screw so it dangled annoyingly, and it’s almost impossible to take a shower without drenching the floor as the shower is so small (which didn’t really matter as the bathroom is the size of a rabbit hutch so easy to clean up).
The bed is a perfect size for one person, but would be a squeeze for two. The bed springs made a clanging noise when I moved.
Fridge didn’t work so food I’d stored in there had to be thrown away.
Wifi didn’t work in the room.
TV remote didn’t work

The positives: the staff were friendly and sorted things (eg fridge not working, shower hanging off hook) when I mentioned them. It was lovely to have a terrace to sit on in the evenings. There is a lovely cafe with a back terrace and shop selling treats to eat downstairs, both open late, and the location of the hotel is brilliant (next to one of the bus stops) and close to shops/restaurants for the evening.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2018

I am enjoying an angel of a sunshine time at Hotel Anthousa, and I want the whole world to know.

How could I not, walking through a hotel reception designed like Willy Wonker's Chocolate Factory combined with Vianne Rocher's, La Céleste Praline in the French village of Lansquenet-sous-Tanne.

What world. Everything is edible. It's so sinfully delicious and pretty to stare at.

Attention to design detail and professional friendly service are wickedly astounding.

Spot-on location. Super nice guests. Stupendous views. Lovely rooms where I now freshly showered lay on my comfy beds and type.

And tonight for my farewell treat I can enjoy some of the colourful homemade ice-cream.

So please, oh please, I beg, I pray, can I come back to stay?

Room tip: Let the hotel choose for you...I suspect the lovely men on reception read their guests like a book.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Very good breakfast, nice people, very helpful, very nice location . Good prices. Nice room. You are in the center of apollonia . The bus stop is outside of the hotel. The owner gives a welcome sweet . In the main floor there is a beautiful pastry shop which you can taste traditional cookies. Definitely i will come back.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple