1,100 results
All reviews trifle bit dated afternoon tea leisure centre sauna and steam room twin room sandwiches stayed for one night short break plenty of parking good nights sleep gym wendy essex teas zoo venue
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel on business on a few occasions now and have had mostly good experiences.

The positives ...

Rooms are always clean and spacious and have all the facilities you need for a short stay.

The food here is beautiful I order room service everything I stay and it never fails to impress me.

The reception staff are friendly and professional and offer a quick and efficient service everytime.

The gym is also brilliant and I use it everytime I stay a great facility and way to unwind after a day at work.

The negatives ...

Last time I stayed I was on the ground floor and the room had a funny musty smell to it. I will request a room on the second floor where I have previously stayed in future.

The member off staff on the bar was really rude to me also the last time I stayed. I was completley ignored for about five minutes while a conversation between her and an already served customer took place I wasn't even akwnowledged which I think Is unacceptable. Then after waiting i was asked to return to my room and get my card to prove I had preotherised it at reception although I had already shown it once in the evening and she had served me on several occasions at the hotel on previous visits. I am not saying she should have remembered me from months ago but from the same night after ignoring me for five minutes this didn't go down well.

I will come back to the hotel as apart from this incident I have never had any problems before and in general love it here. Hoping this particular member of staff may have been having a bad day which happens to all of us. It just shows how a little bit of customer care goes a long way.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Marks Tey H, General Manager at Best Western Marks Tey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Many thanks for your kind comments from your recent stays with us. I am always pleased to hear from our regular guests. With regard to your treatment at the bar, it is most concerning and you have my assurance that I will look into it personally and we will run some remedial training on guest contact and customer care.

Please continue to give us feedback on future stays-guest feedback is the single most important means we have of improving our product and service.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Recently stayed for two nights whilst on a coach trip to visit Constable Country. Before setting off I read the reviews and was appalled at the prospect of staying there. Fortunately my worst fears were not realised, but Best Western needs to smarten the place up - it is looking very tired, particularly in the communal areas. Some of the staff could certainly have been more welcoming and the food did not match up to the description on the dinner menu. seems to cater for coach parties, weddings and other functions - not ideal for a couple seeking a quiet, romantic stay.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from reception as possible - the disco in the function room evn disturbs diners in the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your feedback from your recent stay. We appreciate your comments and will be reviewing them with a view to improving our service and product accordingly

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Very nice room. Clean and comfortable. Very handy for Constable country and surrounding national trust properties. Food ok.
Staff helpful and friendly. Bar very busy in the evening. Good facilities. Has a lovely pool.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your kind comments-we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Our stay was booked as part of a wedding reception held on the premises. Our room was reasonable size, clean, tidy and with all the expected facilities. Check in was straight forward. The breakfast was disappointing as the hotel was full so the hot buffet kept running out , or there were no plates, juice glasses etc and an apparent lack of sufficient staff to cope with the numbers. Patience was rewarded as the food quality was very good.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Shaunalan

Many thanks for your comments and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback from our gusts and I will certainly review the breakfast operation to ensure this sort of thing is not a regular occurrence.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

The hotel is a little tired and in need of updating, especially the bedrooms.
We were a large party of walkers and the staff at Mark Tey could not have been more helpful with all our needs. A good selection of breakfast was available. The Essex Way
Is nearby for walks along the beautiful countryside .

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your kind comments. I am pleased we catered for your needs and that you enjoyed your time at Best Western Marks Tey, and I hope that we can welcome you back at some point in the near future