1,295 results
All reviews jacuzzi villa ballroom restaurant infinity pool ballroom dancing budget room free shuttle gardens are beautiful beach sellers pineapple huge bed outdoor bathroom garden room the general manager our honeymoon mt agung welcome drink day bed
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Puri mas resort was so nice, the facility is good, the building (the room) is so perfect and comfort, with its unique design of Balinesse. The staf is so friendly and helpfull. An open air bathroom is so romantic. Puri mas is a perfect hotel if you want to relax. Maybe one of the weaknesses is no television on it. overall, i gave 8 point to puri mas

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2010

We had been 3 couples spending the first 5 nights in the really awesome pool villa, and then changed to a superior room for 4 more nights, after one couple left.
The Pool villa was the best part of the Resort. Enjoy your stay in a private atmosphere with walls around that have a perfect height - let not everyone see inside but still let you see outside. Like your own little paradise.
The decoration of the resort is really great, everywhere flowers and decorative items. All the stuff is very friendly, no request keeps unheard and everybody greats you when passing your way (that seems not to be standard at bali, our location afterwards).
There is no breakfast buffet, you have to order ala carte. So everything you get is fresh and you don't have to queue up at a crowded buffet. The view is great from the restaurant area, as you really sit beside the sea.
The pool was great, but at a quit warm temperature. For swimming at the sea you had to walk up the beach a couple of meters to find a nice area. Waves are not to high, but also depending on the weather and daytime.
The internet connection was ok - a lot of hot spots - if available. The stuff did not always know how to restart the connection, but i found out the first day how to do it myself - so no problem at all.
Senggigi is reachable for about 1 Euro with taxi, there you can find plenty of restaurants - i definitely can recommend warung menega for nice sea food.
Puri Masis is a really great place to stay if you want to enjoy silence. We will come back 100% for sure!!

I read in the previous reviews that some guests from Asia not feel treated properly. Me and especially my indonesian wife had no problems at all. There is a saying of my county "As you call into the wood so it comes back" - so as you treat people they will treat you, maybe you should consider that!

Reviewed 12 May 2010

My husband and I just returned from the Far East, which included 5 nights at the Puri Mas Beach Resort.
The website and the photographs do not do it justice as Puri Mas possesses, in addition to its perfect situation and design, immaculately kept beautiful grounds, a magical atmosphere that photographs could not convey. It feels less like a hotel/resort and more like living in a private home with individual cottages.
We treated ourselves to the lovely sea facing suite with the beautiful four poster canopy bed and private patio.
Both the restaurant and the swimming pool faces the sea.
The restaurant, with a bar area, was lovely and we quickly decided on our favourite sofa where we would have our lunch, and pre-dinner drinks. The restaurant menu was international and fusion, and with a particular section devoted Indonesian specialties. My husband and I would usually venture outside the hotel for food on holidays but we love the food, service and the atmosphere at Puri Mas so much that we only ate out once during our entire stay. We would also strongly recommend ordering the Rijstaffel and enjoy the feast at either the beach resort or the Puri Mas village. The chef and all the restaurant staff were kind, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I was suffering from a nasty cough post flu and they nursed my cough with a ginger, honey and lemon toddy (prescribed by the General Manager!) throughout our stay. Also, my husband had arrange to play golf on two mornings during our stay, and had to leave the hotel by 6 in the morning. As the breakfast starts at 7, the restaurant staff arranged for breakfast to be brought to our room at 5.30 on those mornings by the security guard on duty.

The lovely swimming pool, much to our pleasant surprise, was bigger than I anticipated. The resort is situated on the seafront and the beach was kept very clean with water clear enough to snorkel or one could take a walk along the long stretch of clean, sandy beach.
The spa is situation at the Puri Mas Village, a new development. The facilities were superb, but I ended up having a massage in the pool side pavillion at the beach resort.
The hotel was superbly managed with a team of incredible staff. They were discreet, friendly, efficient, helpful and kind.
We can't wait to return!

2  Thank CasaCasino
Reviewed 27 April 2010

We went to Puri Mas only because our guided tour to Mt Rinjani included 2 nights stay at "the best hotel in Lombok". Pleased to say I think for us at least, it really was the best in Lombok, and even of our entire journey.

The place is nicely located a short drive from Senggigi Centre, and there's a lovely beachfront where you can even sit the restaurant and watch the waves crashing in. Prices are not expensive either. The gardens are interestingly decorated and the infinity pool, though not huge, is a treat to dip in as well.

Check out the Puri Mas spas if you have time. Even more exquisite lodging and grounds!
It is like a world away from the world.

The rooms are delightful, tastefully decorated with fresh flowers when you arrive. There's also a humorous shower facility!

But I think the key highlight is the impeccable service of the staff. Very helpful, polite, pleasant, everything you could possibly want. Our flight back was delayed by 6 hours on the last day, and they very graciously moved us into another villa, for free, and even provided us with towels etc. so we could shower after planning a day trip around Lombok to fill up the time. Of the many we met, I must single out Hubert who was especially helpful to us.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank pawprinto
Reviewed 25 April 2010

After a good start - attentive and prompt booking it went down hill - we were picked up from the airport - driver left my partner to carry suitcase down stairs instead of pointing us to the ramp to wheel case down. The welcome to me was good but my Cambodian partner was totally ignored - from the time we arrived to the time we left - because all staff thought he was Indonesian! We (or at least he) got over that but the place didn't live up to the reviews - the internet didn't work more than 50% of the time (we had to ring reception and have them reboot the computer up to 5 times per day just to get a connection). Even then it was horrendously slow, couldn't use it much of the time and was repeatedly asked to come to reception and use my computer there - not what I wanted to do. After asking them to report to Manager I expected to be contacted by her but no...........just ignored and still had to contact them to reboot their connection repeatedly. I chose that hotel in part because they advertised wifi in the rooms.
Rooms nicely arranged but cleaning could be improved, no sarongs available to use (as advertised in guest welcome), water to drink not left daily, floors only ever wiped over by dry mop (never washed and when the room was so close to the ocean, the floors were sticky from salty water). No fans at all - would be very useful in both the room and balcony (and would reduce electricity for air con for those not interested in air con), in restaurant area e.g. the small gazebos (already in main restaurant but so high one hardly benefits).
Bedside lights not able to be turned off from teh bed i.e. had to get out of the bed to turn them off -not a big deal but one expects better when you pay the prices you have to.
Asked twice to have our room cleaned when we were in teh room - not sure why when the staff seem to be around for much of the day and could have waited until we left the room for the day.
Breakfast pretty ordinary, coffee awful. Food for dinner so so - didn't seem to realise some guests would actually like to eat authentic Lombok and Indonesian food. Despite asking for fresh chilli or sambal at each meal we only received it 50% of the time or at the end of the meal when it was too late.
Hawkers kept out of the premises but they still hassle - in fact one evening when reading a book near their pool, I was shouted out by one (---- you) when I didn't answer his replies when asking me to check his wares). It was annoying to say the least and not worth lying there for the constant interruptions and hassle we got.
Pool nice position but hot water! Probably better after frequent rains.
On the positive side - beautiful and well kept gardens, good view, nice background restaurant music (traditional Indo). Had a nice holiday but disappointed with the attitude, lack of interest and had hoped to have a really memorably holiday.

1  Thank Souensok