Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa
Katamaran Hotel & Resort(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
USD 148*
USD 137*
Qunci Villas Hotel(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
USD 179*
USD 172*
Jeeva Santai Villas(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
USD 123*
Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
USD 140*
USD 136*
Holiday Resort Lombok(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
USD 74*
Jeeva Klui Resort(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
USD 106*
Orbitz.com
Diva Lombok Hotel(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
USD 32*
USD 31*
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Svarga Resort Lombok(Senggigi)(Great Value!)
USD 61*
USD 51*
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Priceline
1,257 results
All reviewsjacuzzi villaballroom restaurantinfinity poolbagus diversballroom dancingbudget roomfree shuttlegardens are beautifulbeach sellerspineapplehuge bedgarden roomrijsttafeloutdoor bathroomthe general managerday bedwelcome drink
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I stayed 5 nights at Puri Mas Beach Resort Lombok in the middle of our Bali holiday. Not knowing how to actually get to the hotel from either the fast boat harbour or the airport, we opted for the fast boat. There was a lot of conflicting information about how far the airport was from the resort, and also because it seemed easier to be picked up from our Nusa Dua hotel and taken to the departure harbour, we opted for fast boat. We had quite rough weather on the way over, so after an hour all windows had to be closed to stop the waves coming in, which then made us sit in the diesel smelling cabin for the remaining 1.5 hours. Not pleasant. The trip back was much calmer, but I would recommend flying!! The airport is about 1 hour from Puri Mas.
The resort was lovely. Clean, very 'Indonesian' with such a beautiful tropical garden! Every pathway was lined with bouganvillia, frangepani and others plants.
The staff, so wonderfully led by Manager Sarah, were all so attentive, polite and friendly.
I agree with other reviewers that the restaurant wasnt 5 star, but it was adequate. We tried several restuarants, but came to the conclusion that the food and the prices were as good as,if not better than going out. It was lovely to sit outside the restaurant after dinner, which was open on two sides anyway, hearing the ocean, listening to the entertainment and just enjoying the tropical evening away from all cares and worries.
We stayed in a Classic Queen garden view room (no 3) with a semi outdoor bathroom. Loved it! The bed in the room along with the day bed on the deck was delicately draped with netting to ensure comfort away from any stray mozzies. We had no problem inside, but when we actually used the outside bed for our night bed, dropped the netting. A hairdryer was supplied, along with a sarong and slippers and usual toiletries.
We didnt swim in the ocean, but it did look inviting, preferring the infinity pool, with its water fountains at one end and plenty of sun lounges.
Puri Mas is surprising in the number of different styles of accommodation it offers. As mentioned ours was a garden room, there were also villas with their own pools.
We did have a massage and a look around the twin property a couple of kms away the Puri Mas Spa Resort. That was a good experience, but I am glad we chose the beach resort!
Tip: I read before we arrived that the trip to town to the restaurants was a 5 minute taxi ride away. To me that meant it was probably a 10 - 15 minute walk! Dont be misled. The road is very winding, no footpath and parts are along a cliff. Definately take a taxi!!

Room Tip: We like to see and chat with fellow travellers so our choice of room was perfect. A villa with its own pool would have felt a bit restrictive to us, although you could still walk the gardens and use the general pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
LovelyLombok, General Manager at Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Dear ElizabethM22

Thank you for your wonderful review and intelligent information to other readers. It is great for prospective clients to be offered realistic and helpful advise to assist them to choose the right place for their holiday.

We are very happy that your time with us was enjoyable. I would like to say thank you to you both for being great guests and a pleasure to host.

We hope you had success in your search for purchases in Bali, and that your furniture arrives safe and sound.

We look forward to meeting you again in Puri Mas.

Warm regards
Sara and all staff!

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stay at Puri Mas for 4 days, the beach and area is great and the hotel tries but let itself down. We were in a nice enough room but having the toilet downstairs (quite steep stairs) is not great when you want to go in the middle of the night. There might only be one or two rooms like this but get rid of them. The staff were friendly and keen to assist, but lack the ability to read customers needs therefore there was a long wait between drinks (which must affect hotel profits) maybe some time and effort put into staff training would improve their ability to be able to help customers without being to in there face. Prices were fair. The menu could do with some improvement, again only fair. I don't think I would stay there again as there are better options on the same beach and also close by. Competition is a great thing if you respond.

Room Tip: Ensure that you have toilet on same floor or you have a bladder that doesn't need emptying in the middle of the night.
2  Thank Martyn B
LovelyLombok, General Manager at Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Martyn B

Thank you for taking the time to make a review of your experience in our resort during your stay in September.

I see that you stayed in room 4. For those readers interested in your review, I would like to inform them that this room is actually one of our most popular rooms categorised as "Cosy Budget Lumbung House.
The reason it is incredibly popular with our clients is because is is a completely traditional Sasak House known as a lumbung. (The Sasak people are the indigenous people of Lombok Island, and they have their own style of houses, as well as many other cultural items making them a unique people in Indonesia).
Also to help the readers - we only have one room of this type at our Beach Resort, and one at our Spa Resort.

The house is two story and as you correctly inform the guests the bathroom facilities are on the lower level adjacent to the sitting area.
There is a spiral staircase leading to the bedroom - again something the majority of our clients love because it is unique and interesting - but if you are not into a typically traditional Lombok style of room - then we suggest you choose another option of which we have many and at different budgets.

Noted your information regarding the staff being slightly slow to check your drinks, this is something we do impress upon our staff during their training, however, if readers check other reviews, they will also read that our staff check too often - sometimes it can be difficult for the staff to gauge the needs of clients, especially between cultures, and I am sorry that in your experience you felt we were a little slow!

Thank you again for your comments which have been very helpful.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed for two nights as a stop over on our way to Gili Trawangan and actually enjoyed it more! We booked a standard room, which was a gorgeous little bungalow with rattan walls and thatched roof. The bed was huge and comfortable, surrounded by a curtain of mosquito netting and covered in fresh flowers when we arrived. We checked late (after midnight) and hotel pickup from the airport was easy to arrange and Dafy the driver was friendly and chatted with us the 90 minute drive to the hotel, telling us about Lombok. Waking the next morning was a lovely surprise, wandering the 20 minutes to the restaurant to find that it is on the beach with the waves crashing us against a rock wall and a view over the Bali Strait to Mt Ugung in the distance. We did however have one incident during our stay... My daughter (15) and I had taken a stroll along the beach and to my extreme surprise, were called to by a man standing beside a nearby tree calling to us, undertaking a VERY inappropriate act. We quickly left the beach , but returned later for a swim to be confronted by him again, crouched between the fishing boats, still doing what he was doing before. I rushed by daughter back to the hotel and informed staff, who casually called security. I was quite disappointed when a security guard arrived and stood well with in the hotel grounds, next to the pool, not making any attempt to investigate the beach. He asked me a few questions, but left it up to the beach sellers to look along the beach. I inadvertently snapped a (albeit blurry) picture of the man in the back ground of a picture I took, so can prove his existence, and there was NO questioning what he was up to... Any how, a small blemish in an otherwise perfect experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Dear Reneelouise27

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of our resort, and thank you also for your kind words you have said about our staff, service and hotel.

Just one sentence I would like to comment on directly is that you say in your review that the restaurant was a 20 minute walk from your room - and in case readers are thinking that they will have to make a marathon journey to our restaurant - it is in fact just seconds from most rooms and the most 2 minutes!! I hope that nobody has been mislead by this small detail.

With regards to the unhappy incident on the beach. First of all I would like to say how sorry we are that you and your daughter had to experience such a thing. It is the first time anyone has ever mentioned such an act to me, and I have been here for many years both as a guest and manager. If you were able to send the picture you have taken to me, or to the hotel attention to Sara Sanders General Manager, then I will most definitely look into the matter further.

Actually, we do not have any jurisdiction on the beach but for such an incident that you have reported, our security should have immediately called the Tourist Police who are always driving around this area.
Unfortunately our security are not totally conversant in the English language, therefore I am not totally clear that they understood exactly the complaint, but we will definitely ensure that should anything like this ever be reported again - that they immediately notify the correct authorities.

We are very happy that the incident didn't mar your holiday with us, and we hope to see you back here again in the not too distant future.

With best wishes

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed 5 nights in this tranquil oasis - gardens lush and full of sculptures-infinity pool lovely with plenty of sunlounges for everyone. Staff friendly, though I find it annoying being asked how your food or drink was all the time. The food was more homestyle than restaurant fare and was overpriced for what you got. Breakfast was a bit ho-hum and for a resort of this calibre, I would expect REAL fruit juice, not cordial style juice to be served. The coffee was so strong, I only had it once. The bed was super comfortable, as were the huge pillows. Our 2 outside doors had centimetre cracks in them, once closed, and I was concerned about insects entering the room, especially at night - but we had mozzie coils provided and they seemed to do the trick.We spent an afternoon up at the spa resort, swimming in their deserted pool and looking around the grounds - very tranquil. I felt their spa treatments were overpriced, and we waited till we returned to our Bali hotel to indulge in one at less than half the price. If you arrive at Lombok by boat, make sure you have organised to be picked up by the resort or a taxi, as the cowboys running the show at Telek Kode will rip you off, providing transport for the half hour drive at 3 times the actual fare. Overall, it was a very relaxing spot and the "no children" policy was much appreciated, to create the perfect ambience for a restful holiday.

Room Tip: We had the Royal Suite which was up a long flight of stairs, so bare this in mind when booking. Being upstairs, we had a wonderful view towards the ocean - very private. The room was huge and so was the bathroom. A lot of the other villas lacked privacy as their outdoor living areas were in view of anyone walking past.

Dear Jiffs

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us in Puri Mas and thank you for the high ranking, even though there were a couple of things you feel we could improve upon.

As we want to do the best for our clients, your comments are very well received, both positive and negative.

Regarding the orange juice - actually it is fresh juice - but not freshly squeezed. We import this juice from Bali, it is not made a la minute as we do our local juices such as pineapple, water melon and so on. I agree with you that the orange juice could be better and we are working on trying to find an alternative supplier for this item.

Our coffee is Lombok Coffee - but perhaps our staff were a little heavy handed as the Sasak people do enjoy a very dark thick blend! It is a Robusta coffee - therefore if any guests reading this are worried they may not be able to enjoy a great coffee for your information the coffee at breakfast coffee is Lombok Coffee, however should you wish to enjoy a cappuccino or espresso we also have machine coffee available for purchase.

The Spa treatments you commented were over priced, however we do research how other hotels are pricing and in Lombok are more than comparable. We feel we do need to point out that Puri Mas has the only totally dedicated spa resort on the island with very highly trained staff and high quality products. Our relaxing and most popular massage is well priced at Rp. 245,000 net. and our in house clients receive a 10% discount on all treatments.
We believe we offer excellent value in our Spa, given the venue and quality of service and products we offer - it is a pity you missed out on the wonderful experience so many of our guests enjoy.

Thank you also for the useful information you have offered to readers regarding drivers waiting at the different harbours.

TRANSFERS - In order to help our guests Puri Mas arranges airport and harbour transfers for the majority of our clients. It is often the easiest and cheapest way unless you are very experienced in bargaining and are already aware of the going rates. Just ask us to do this for you when you confirm your reservation.

Again our sincere thanks for your helpful comments. We hope to enjoy your company again in Puri Mas.

Best wishes

Reviewed 26 September 2012

We arranged this little holiday for our brother and his new wife as a treat to the end of their Bali honeymoon, but we joined them! And No they did not mind at all :)

Well this little gem is worth the hour travel from the airport as just the journey to the hotel makes you feel you have escaped the real world and on your way to relaxation! Advise you have the hotel pick you up!

We opted for one of the garden villas which were lovely and quaint with a garden bathroom! Felt very close to nature having a shower I can tell you! Bit strange using the loo but no one could see over the wall.....maybe hear you hahaha

The rooms are simple but adequate! Our first night was not great because of the aircon was real noisy, however the next morning they asked how we slept and we just mentioned not that good, they asked why? Well rest is history as within a couple of hours a new aircon was in place and we had peaceful sleeps from there on in!

The setting is perfect for this boutique hotel! My hubby and I are well travelled in Asia and I can honestly say the best so far! We all loved it! The staff are very friendly even the gardners have a 'good morning' for you.

The gardens are lovely and colourful and kept so tidy. The pool is nice and quiet! But the beach is just gorgeous and uncommercial, just hope it stays that way and the big resorts keep away.

All four of us only had one criticism and that was the breakfast and snacks! Honestly the brekki is a little poor and could show abit of imagination with some homemade touches! Like fresh musili with nuts and dried fruits to sprinkle on! With the different cultures that visit here more variety would be good. Like cheese & hams nice fresh breads to slice up, another choice of yogurt & more variety of eggs. With all the lovely fruits could have a juicer on board too. We were advised from other friends who had stayed here before not to really bother with dining in so we didn't although we did do lunch one day and we have had better! It's almost there just needs a little more attention.

So overall though we all loved the surroundings, the peacefulness and the beauty! The peddlers on the beach are actually not a nuisance really as when you say no there is no pressure like in Europe, they just smile and move on! And in fact we were happy to sit and chat to them sometimes as they were harmless and nice people just making a living! We brought a various selection of sarongs and pearls, .just haggle with them and you can always get a good price!

Shall we come back? Oh yes I am planning it already, even if the brekki is not that great I can live with it! The cocktails are great by the way :)

Room Tip: Being couples we had a one bed garden villa each! If a family I would opt for the private villas with pool maybe! However I did not notice anyone using their pool as why hide behind walls when the hotel pool is lovely and the beach one of the best! The laundry service is great value, having a water tank for each villa is a great plus!