1,294 results
All reviews jacuzzi villa ballroom restaurant infinity pool ballroom dancing budget room free shuttle gardens are beautiful beach sellers pineapple huge bed outdoor bathroom garden room the general manager our honeymoon mt agung welcome drink day bed
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This is one of the most beautiful resorts and as it is aimed at older children and adults it makes for a relaxing luxurious holiday. We stayed with our adult daughter and it was ideal especially as all 3 of us had been worked to the bone. Magic traditional based accommodation with mod cons.
Staff are beyond amazing, what wonderful people. We had an glorious, relaxing, rejuvenating stay. Highly recommended. We will be back!!
Also thanks to Sarra and Dale were very helpful and gave us good information.

Room Tip: Some rooms have day beds with nets out on the porch and some just have a couch and table ask as them we had the day bed in a superior room and it also had an outdoor bathroom. Great.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

A Cracking stay in an amazing hotel. Beautiful grounds and a great boutique and individual feel. The spa's in house zoo was a great treat, and the infinity pool at the main hotel on the beachfront was stunning. Marcel the owner was great too and his staff couldn't have helped us more.

One highlight was on our last day. We had checked out and were leaving later in the day. We enquired about using a shower room but as there were none available the staff unlocked one of the master villas for us to use. It was incredible. This just highlighted how great the staff were, bending over backwards to make sure their guests had a great stay.

Room Tip: I don't think it was worth paying extra for the ocean view room. The rooms further back from the beach front were more private and secluded and actually looked a bit nicer and more spacious.
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My husband and I were so lucky to have been moved here from a different hotel. It was Amazing, they gave us a studio suite which had its own courtyard and plunge pool. The room was truely beautiful! The pool was amazing, we spent most of our time here, The staff were exceptional, They went out of thier way to make our stay a very happy and memorable one! They were very helpful, we had to cancel at another hotel and had a language barrier and they did all they could to help us resolve the issue. Honestly there is not one bad thing i can say about the Puri Mas, This is the place to stay if you want to stay in Paradise!

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and get a studio or a villa, you will not regret it
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I stayed with my husband in one of the 1 bedroom private villas in the beach resort at the beginning of October. This was at the tailend of our belated honeymoon where we had travelled around quite a bit (this was the 9th of the places that we stayed on our trip). Whilst we stayed in some pretty nice places this was definitely far and away the most special resort we stayed in during the holiday.

The villas are private surrounded by a walled garden with a decent sized private pool. - about 5/6 metres in length but deep enough for adults to enjoy ( its a pet hate of mine that so many pools are ridiculously shallow that only children can enjoy them.) There are padded sun loungers and a gorgeous raised daybed for you to lounge about on if you do not fancy leaving the villa. There is also a fantastic outdoor bathroom which feels very special and was completely private.

The bedroom was spacious with a 4 poster bed and was kept immaculately clean.

Once you left the villa you could enjoy the facilities of the infinity pool overlooking the ocean which was very special at night. Before I booked my trip I had looked at some of the reviews which complained about the beach sellers - this put me off a bit as I have zero tolerance for people trying to sell me anything. I did not need to worry as the 3 or 4 beach sellers stayed on the beach and did not come onto the property whilst I was staying. You occasionally were called out to and asked to come and have a look at their wares but as soon as we said no thank you - that was it. No hassle whatsoever. I absolutely loved the ability to step off my sun lounger and walk the 3 yards to the beach before going straight into the incredibly clear and warm ocean. There is a reef directly in front of the hotel but the water was so clear you did not even need a snorkel to explore.

Breakfast was good with the chef offering to make omelettes/ scrambled eggs etc. There was a wide selection and I enjoyed tucking into the indonesian options of noodles or fried rice to help me over the amount of cocktails I was sinking from the night before.

The staff are incredibly friendly and made it a mission to teach my husband a few sentences in indonesian every day - he is still devastated that we left before their weekly football match.

We felt very safe and secure in the resort and also enjoyed heading off on our own with recommendations from the staff. Before I forget they were also incredibly on the ball and e-mailed me the day before our arrival to let us know that the long delayed new airport was opening and booked us a driver to collect us at the gate. As no warning had been given by the government or the airlines of when the airport was going to open we found ourselves telling people on the plane who then were frantically trying to rearrange their pick ups!

I would normally add some criticism here just to show that I have not been paid by the resort to write the review (!) but it was an incredible stay and I think they have the balance just right so I can't pick holes in it!

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Loved, loved, loved Puri Mas. Intimate, immaculate. Stunning grounds. Delicious food. Excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple