“Recommend”
Review of Kafe Ole B

Kafe Ole B
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Norwegian
Reviewed 8 September 2019 via mobile

We have found this lovely restaurant without know it. It has been a nice discovery, self service but with a lot of dishes.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

It is a nice choise on sunday with familyThere are beautiful views that are located by the fjord.Smile and cozy staff,delicious select food.This is also the affordable price. I would definitely recommend .Just go see,eat,enjoyI thank all the Kafé Ole B teams

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank btlhglnd
Reviewed 24 October 2016

A beautiful place to enjoy a lovely Sunday buffet! The scenery is gorgeous right on the water. You can sail or paddle right up to it. fabulous view to Lysøen. The buffet was delicious with plentiful seafood, hot and cold dishes in addition to a lovely dessert table. All very reasonably priced. Excellent service. Will definitely come again!

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank TrineLovheim
Reviewed 14 August 2015

What I did like: the gorgeous view and the quiet.

What I didn't like: service. Absolutely the worst service I have had. Waitress had to ask us what the cost of the meal we ordered was. Then she either forgot to put the order in or she left it sit in the kitchen because, after we watched the couple at the next table (who'd ordered at the same time as us) enjoy their meal and then indulge themselves in a leisurely walk along the pier our food finally appeared. Cold. It was cold. As I had just been contemplating chewing on the edge of the table to stave off starvation I didn't complain. I sort of figured at that point that I might be there all night if I asked for the food to be corrected. To sort of compliment how little the waitress cared if we recognized the 40 minute wait time for our food she made certain to serve the couple that had arrived 30 minutes after we had immediately after serving us. The lasagna tasted the way I imagine a Norwegian would guess that Italian lasagna tastes. This is not a compliment. I suppose I should note that at least the salmon in my daughter's fiskesuppe was still warm, though the soup itself was cold when it arrived. I'm not even certain how that happens. My husband said his burger was okay. Left immediately after finishing as I was put off by the customer at the next table contributing her second-hand smoke to our already poor dining experience. Thanks, Kafe Ole B, for a relatively disappointing evening.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 3 May 2015

Any restaurant you can sail to is good in my book, but if they also serve very tasty food at reasonable (for Norway) prices then I'm in clover.
There was no vegetarian dishes on the menu; but the staff were extremely helpful and were happy to rustle up pasta in a creamy sauce with vegetables, which I'm told was delicious. I had the spare-ribs, which were equally good.
The deserts were yummy too, and looked so good that I took pictures.
It was a very enjoyable meal and much better than I would have expected at the price.

Date of visit: May 2015