We had a great stay at the Sweetcorn house, and would recommend renting it without reservation. Pictures and the listing of amenities accurately represent exisiting conditions. It is clean, bright, comfortable, spacious, modern, nicely decorated, and the location is great. We were able to walk to the beach and everything in Town--- a couple restaurants, gift shops, the Library, supermarkets, Friday night Fish Fry. The house is located at the top of a long hill; so walking up and down takes a little getting used to; but it is nice not to have to drive everywhere. There is an open kitchen/dining/living area, two bedrooms on the ground level, and the master bedroom is located on the upper level.
This being our first time to Eluthera, we found that staying in Governor's Harbor was perfect. Centrally located, Governor's Harbor has the most amenities and understated "quaintness" that the other towns on the island lack.
I never met Bob, but Kathy, the Owner, was great! She is especially knowledgable about the island and town, and the function of house utilities. She had lasagna, a bottle of wine, and a couple beers ready for us upon arrival---- a super nice gesture considering by the time our flight arrived most of the stores in town were closed for the night/evening. The lasagna was delicious.
1) if you love to cook, bring a knife sharpner or your own set of knives. As with most rental properties, the knives are very dull. Otherwise, the kitchen is very well equipped. The only item we found to be missing was a cheese grater.
2) All bathrooms have large walk-in showers, but the showers do not have benches, making it difficult to shave. This is my only minor irritation with the house, which was fixed by putting a plastic chair in the shower.
3) The house is good for traveling with children-- our 12 year old loved the bedroom by the pool and having her own private bathroom. We traveled with our 9 month old baby--- who had a great time taking baths in the kitchen sink! Be aware that there are no soaking tubs if you have small children who are accustomed to baths. There were 2 pack-n-plays; one with an actual mattress, that made for a comfortable bed for the baby. There was also a high chair that worked nicely.
3) Purchase this book, and the map to go with it: The Beach Book; Eleuthera Bahamas Edition, by Bret Sigillo and Gunnar Ek. With this book we were able to go to 8 different beaches over our 10 night stay.
4) The wireless works, but it is slow. My guess is that is what is to be expected on an island.
Coming back to Sweetcorn house at the end of the day felt good; like you were really coming "home." We thoroughly enjoyed our stay on Eluthera, and the rental property had a large part to play in making our vacation a great one.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|
|Large groups||People with pets|
if you want to have the best trip of your life book this house , we stayed in the yellow house last time , sadly it was fully booked , but sweetcorn was great , we had a smaller party with us , great pool , beach 5 minutes walk , great place to relax