We loved the house, appreciated some of the high end design elements. It needs some curb appeal but the back "yard" is coral, crystal clear water, coral, fishing, kayaking, sunning, perfect. Great Bahama vibe, no touristy feel at all. Thank you Stuart!!
The views from almost everywhere in this beautiful home are truly breathtaking! The house is very comfortable and well maintained. Everything you need is provided. The outside space is absolutely perfect! Crystal clear water. There is a reef just to the left of the stairs into the water that we spent hours exploring. There were starfish hermit crabs and conch everywhere! There is another home nearby but you feel like you have the entire island to yourself. There is a hammock on the lower level and a grill that we cooked fresh lobster on. We brought travel fishing poles with us and had a great time catching fish off of the boat dock - use squid for bait which you can purchase at the grocery in town. The sunsets every single day were so beautiful. It was paradise!!!
A few helpful hints:
- don't miss out on going to one of the two local docks to purchase fresh fish/lobster from the local fishermen
- almost everywhere takes American money but almost nowhere takes credit cards
- the gnats are truly miserable - nothing but wind will really protect you from them - I understand that skin so soft does help but you can't buy it on the island so bring it with you
- The internet access is a little tricky - get clear instructions on how to access it before you go
- There is a small quick store very close (about 5 min) to the house that we did not learn about until the last day - I can't remember the name and it is a little off the main road but it is easy to find once you see the sign (on the main road) and has everything basic that you need - including booze!
- The owner of this property provides you with everything you need for a wonderful vacation - unfortunately due to some disrespectful previous renters and a delay in customs, we were not able to enjoy the kayaks - if you are lucky enough to, take care of them so those who come behind you can enjoy them too
The best advice I can give is to stay as long as you can!!!! There is so much to do that we couldn't fit in to our short 4 day trip - we will definitely be back!!!!
I went to Eleuthera with my family of 6 adults and two children over the New Years holiday. The home accommodated us perfectly and offered so much more. Great fishing and snorkeling right out the back. The owner has two great kayaks you can use as well as gear. Property also has a small island out back you can reach via kayak and offers great spearfishing. The home has a fantastic indoor and outdoor stereo system, which we used to throw a great party. We used the bar b que and kitchen and found them sufficient. Home also had Satellite TV which was great for the kids when they were too tired from snorkeling all day. We made Bon fires and just hung out
With each other and it was fantastic. I highly recommend Touch of class.
I cant say enough about this place...serene, relaxing, beautiful, blissful. If you truly need a nice getaway literally AWAY from it all, this is the place to go. It is A MILLION DOLLAR VIEW! Getting up in the morning and taking five steps into the water cant be beat. Perfect for some fishing, great local restaurants in town (must have transport which you can easily obtain at the airport), and the locals are a gem. This isn't your typical Bahamian touristy place, this is truly a local's paradise shared with people like us who feel very welcome in every local hangout.
Friday's fish fry is a must...Tippy's is the best local restaurant...and for some American food which a great bar and view try The Deck. I highly recommend you try this place, you will not regret one bit of it!!!!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|