“Best Birthday Dinner Ever!”
Review of NeXT

Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Stittsville
Price range: USD 19 - USD 52
Cuisines: American, Asian, International, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casual Dining | Events | Take home | Catering After traveling and cooking on three continents for the past 28 years, and having been a resident of the west end for the past 10 years Chef Blackie is thrilled to welcome you to NeXT. Located in Stittsville, NeXT is all about casual neighborhood dining. No matter the occasion our facility boasts four original ways for you to enjoy friends and family set in a amazing contemporary setting. Our primary feature NEXT, Casual dining, features an 80-seat dining room, and a swank bar. Additionally we have a grand event room that can host any occasion; be it a wedding or a “all day business meeting”. We are here to exceed your expectations! Thinking of hosting an event in your home or business? We possess the drive, talent and passion to deliver, no matter your location. Finally what would neighborhood dining be like if we couldn’t have you stop by on the way home and take-home anything on the menu. Always available when we are open, surprise your family with creative casual cuisine, with a Blackie twist. Forever evolving we can’t wait to show you what’s in store NeXT.
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend (picky eater) and I decided to try this restaurant for the first time. The food and especially the service was nothing short of exceptional. While everything on the menu sounded outstanding, we tried the fun roll (Asian inspired and very unique!) and cheese curds (when I thought fried cheese would be no big deal...I was very wrong) for apps, the lamb shank and duck confit for our mains (both melted in our mouths!) and the MCB and creme brûlée for dessert (both to die for)... I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would go back 100 times! Our server was hysterical and the executive chef himself even presented some dishes and checked up on us. They also cater and host events - definitely an option I am considering for the future!

1  Thank Shayna T

Reviewed 30 July 2017

The food was outstanding and, if it is possible, the service even better. The boss ensured that my partner had a wonderful meal, despite her long list of food intolerances, by making changes to the preparation of the dishes she chose. The BC Ling cod was the highlight. for both of us. Shall we go again - absolutely yes. How nice, too, to find ample, free, parking.

1  Thank Nicholas R
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

NeXT is probably in my top 3 restaurant choices in Ottawa. I have been a diner at least 6 times, and have never ordered anything other than the blind tasting menu. Some of the courses differ and some are staples that I look forward to eating. The oil grilled bread with a garlic lebneh spread is a staple that hits the pleasure centre for me.
Each course offers something different for diners. For some it expands their palate and pushes them out of their comfort zone (one of my companions said this too me last night - a 1st timer). For others it's a rich and decadent evening of food (another friends comment). For myself is an evening I don't have to cook, but instead, I enjoy a selection of well prepared, well thought out foods at an astoundingly good price.
As an experienced home cook, I know the cost of the ingredients used to create the tasting menu. There's not a great deal of profit to be made. I've read some of the other reviews good and bad on this restaurant. I'm very shocked at how critical and petty some reviewers are. If you don't like where you're sitting ask to be moved. If you don't enjoyed highly seasoned food ask for reduced salt. If you like your food piping hot tell them.
Servers and restauranteurs are not there to read your mind, but they can enhance your dining experience. In my experience, NeXT wants you to enjoy the food and the dining experience, and for this diner they have succeeded over and over.

1  Thank Divejunkie1962
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I am almost afraid to give Next such a good rating.... not because it isn't the best restaurant outside of downtown Ottawa....but because it is!! And I don't want it to get so popular that we won't be able to get a table when we want.
We have dined here twice and the food was superb on both occasions!! Service was friendly and the ambiance comfortable and most pleasant.
On this second visit we had a variety of non meat dishes to share and each one was better than the Next.
Our favorite was the Ka-Pow Cauliflower....incredible!! I indulged in "Shank the Lamb" that was a melt in your mouth, fall off the bone delight!! You can't go wrong with anything you order....simply delicious and artfully presented!!
It is not cheap but well worth the drive to the west end. Our new favorite place to dine. Can't wait to go back for the 8 course blind tasting menu!!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We held our sons rehearsal dinner at next in a private room for 24 people. Kyle and Jillian were a pleasure to work with. The room was set up beautifully, we couldn't have asked for more. The four course dinner was delicious and we received numerous compliments from our guests. The service was flawless.