Heidi Weitjens King Island Distillery Pty Ltd Tasmania

Reviewed 11 January 2024
sevenhuysens
Frankston, Australia
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews gin and vodka spirits products distilled heidi craft ki tasting knowledge australia island
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2024

What a fun experience and unexpected gem of King Island the distillery is. Whilst not being avid gin drinkers, from the moment our group entered the venue Heidi's love for the craft was on show for all. A very informative visit, from the barrel construction and wood preparation to suit the hosts personal taste, right through to the dried fruit additions to round out the surprising variance in flavours. This is a must visit for any king island trip. Heidi's infectious zest for all that she does, including the odd snake wrangle, will no doubt have you expecting a delivery home soon of more than one of the many gin and spirits flavours, the coffee Martini is to die for and be sure to ask for cream, or if you're lucky, condensed milk. Thank you Heidi, our group had a fantastic time.

Date of experience: February 2024
1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 11 January 2024 via mobile

Happy Heidi certainly lives up to her name- super friendly, informative and generous with her tasting offerings! Definitely recommend a visit.

Date of experience: January 2024
1  Thank sevenhuysens
Reviewed 17 July 2023 via mobile

Heidi is a gem and passionate about her product. We were treated to a great tasting session of gin, spirits and whisky. As well as tasting the products, Heidi showed us how the addition of small things, like dehydrated orange rind, or native salt bush leaves, enhanced the flavours. As well as buying some bottles to bring home, I feel like we learned a lot that will make our spirit drinking much more pleasurable in the future. Thank you Heidi.

Date of experience: July 2023
1  Thank youngmerinda
Reviewed 31 May 2023 via mobile

Well … wasn’t this place a delight! The highlight of my trip. Everyone around the island was so nice and welcoming and then this place took it to another level for me and an experience I’ll never forget!

Heidi you was a delight, your products A1, professional packaging and labelling, I wanted to buy them just to be on display they looked so good… but then I tried them… WOW🤩. Your products need to be shared with the world. Not only being endorsed by Mr Bill Lark 🥃himself (what an honour) but to have my own personal bottle of Negroni 🍸created by you, was such an experience that I will remember forever. Thank you!! 🥰

Igor, I even got to try a little treat from Anvers while there… a prefect touch to my espresso martini 🍸

Date of experience: May 2023
Reviewed 19 May 2023 via mobile

Heidi is an amazing host and distiller. A must visit when on King Island. Definitely try the artisan spirits! A fabulous experience

Date of experience: May 2023