“Welcoming service and delicious food”
Review of La Tombola

La Tombola
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Parkside
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Old fashioned service, linen,and a club like ambience.Roomy tables,comfortable chairs
and of course hearty and faultless food. Tony and his team do a great job
The grilled gorgonzola chicken and veal we had on the night were as good as it gets
Go there!

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Manager Tony is very attentive and in charge, and makes dining there a pleasant experience. We just wanted a small meal and had main course sized spaghetti with tomato sauce, and the veal pasta special as our selections. Food and service were excellent- just what we were looking for. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

A great spot for a quiet meal with couples, friends or family. Good for celebrating with large or small tables to suit a group or special event. Good service, great food, and some interesting wines. All with a friendly and hospitable Italian overlay.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to eat. The food is fantastic and the wine selection is pretty good. The staff are very friendly and make you feel very welcome.

Hard to fault.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We had a great dinner at La Tombola on Unley Rd.
Right from entering the restaurant, the feel is very welcoming and homely. It's bust even at 6.30 on a Friday night, but you know that's a good sign.
It's been a while since I've eaten here and this restaurant remains a benchmark for high quality and outstanding service.
If there's a better "front of house" man than Tony, I haven't met him.
The food is beautifully presented and tasty.
I took the opportunity to try my first Soft Shelled Mud Crab.
I've had many, many soft shelled carb but this was a first for me and delicious. My wife had the ravioli and was equally impressed. The meals weren't super huge but satisfying.
We finished our meal sharing the trio of Gelato and affogato for me.
Overall a lovely meal and we will make sure it's not as long before we head back to La Tombola again.
We Byo'd as well despite their great wine selection.