“Pleasant ambience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

A great spot for a quiet meal with couples, friends or family. Good for celebrating with large or small tables to suit a group or special event. Good service, great food, and some interesting wines. All with a friendly and hospitable Italian overlay.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to eat. The food is fantastic and the wine selection is pretty good. The staff are very friendly and make you feel very welcome.

Hard to fault.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We had a great dinner at La Tombola on Unley Rd.
Right from entering the restaurant, the feel is very welcoming and homely. It's bust even at 6.30 on a Friday night, but you know that's a good sign.
It's been a while since I've eaten here and this restaurant remains a benchmark for high quality and outstanding service.
If there's a better "front of house" man than Tony, I haven't met him.
The food is beautifully presented and tasty.
I took the opportunity to try my first Soft Shelled Mud Crab.
I've had many, many soft shelled carb but this was a first for me and delicious. My wife had the ravioli and was equally impressed. The meals weren't super huge but satisfying.
We finished our meal sharing the trio of Gelato and affogato for me.
Overall a lovely meal and we will make sure it's not as long before we head back to La Tombola again.
We Byo'd as well despite their great wine selection.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I was visiting Adelaide for work and I wanted to book a great place for a dinner. I immediately knew from the first point of contact, that La Tombola was the perfect choice. Tony answered the phone and helped me with a table reservation.

My friends and I received a very warm welcome and we were seated amongst a lovely group of fellow diners. The dinning are was quite lively.

The wine list was extensive and my friends selected a bottle of Shiraz from notable McLaren Vale region. The wine was a great accompaniment to our pasta. La Tombola use fresh ingredients to make very satisfying meals. My Spaghetti Marinara was vey flavoursome.

Compliments to all the Team La Tombola. Thank you for great dinner.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Took the whole family out for a luncheon celebration (Ages 6 to 80) There was something for everyone and the service was friendly. We will go back!

Date of visit: September 2017
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant