2,254 results
All reviewswater parkregal vistaspartial kitchengo kartsfull kitchenhorseback ridingbumper carspetting zoosnow tubingtoaster ovenactivity cardseagle tracethrough rcirec centerwoodstone meadowsskyline driveluray caverns
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

So my wife was selected from a drawing at a gun show. She received a call about her prize. Definitely had a terrible experience with the lady on the phone. She was rude to my wife when she asked questions and when we said we weren’t interested in sitting thought a 90min presentation and didn’t want to drive from Virginia Beach she became very short with us. Definitely avoiding this place with business practices like that.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2018

do not book a trip on RCI last call, the room is so small that only two person can stay in that room, if you go with kid( you all will be bumping into each other). if you are go by your self it perfect for one person. if you are take more thin two don't book the last call on RCI. I have been in a one bedrooms unit and it don't look like that. its like cutting a one bedroom in half.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank LeGrand7006
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I come to Massanutten each year for a quiet week to complete my tax returns. I love it because it is quiet and the resort is outstanding. Plenty of places to eat and of area to walk and refresh. The beds are some of the most comfortable that I have ever slept on.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My family had a wonderful time at the resort. Lots of things to do. We went horseback riding, took a Carraige ride and went to the petting zoo. We also found things to do around town. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I received a "free" weekend stay at Massanutten Resort for me and one other person. The weekend turned into a frustrating and stressful experience we never would have expected.

Facilities: The hotel portion of the complex we stayed in was very out of date and had a strange odor. Even when checking in, the main area looked pretty similar to my local DMV. It was like being in a 1970's horror film. The main clubhouse was disgusting. I would compare it to a 30 year old high school, complete with vending machines, plastic furniture in the common areas, and paint chipping off the cinder block walls.

Staff: We encountered many staff members on this trip and there wasn't one person we were thrilled to have interacted with. In actuality, the person who showed us around the complex during our "mandatory presentation" was quite possibly the most pushy sales person we had ever encountered. He was also sick with bronchitis and coughed about 60% of the time we were with him. Since this was a time share frenzy, the sales staff were overly pushy and even went as far as asking my significant other and I if we didn't want to purchase a time share because we weren't sure how long we would be together. In my humble opinion, that isn't any of their business. The sales staff also asked us about salary and vacation time, which is also none of their business. We spent four hours at a presentation that was mandatory to receive the benefits of a free weekend at Massanutten. We were told it would be an hour an half. It took us that long to get them to back off. We left frustrated and taken advantage of and spent the rest of our evening in the room watching Netflix instead of enjoying the resort.

Food: The food was expensive and not good. We live in Washington, DC and have access to some of the best food in the country. I was very disappointed in the selection of restaurants and the quality of the fare.

Experience Overall: I would never recommend anyone visit Massanutten. Our experience was truly awful and I would never stay there again, let alone purchase a time share there.

Room Tip: Nothing good about this resort.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple