Hotel Ola Verde(Popoyo)(Great Value!)
USD 35
USD 170
USD 149
Hostel Sunset Villas Popoyo(Popoyo)(Great Value!)
USD 52
Kasta Surfing Waves(Popoyo)(Great Value!)
USD 45
Nicawaves(Popoyo)(Great Value!)
USD 41
Cafe Cerveza(Popoyo)(Great Value!)
USD 13
  • Beachfront
USD 112
All reviewsmag rockamazing viewslobsteroverlooking the oceanchef scottduring low tideouter reefbar downstairsmain restaurantfun to watchyoga retreatawesome spotfew weekswatch the sunsetfellow travelerstide poolssurf lessons
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I had no problem with the current state of my dorm room or the price. Basically the Best Sunsets, Food, Restaurant/bar Layout I'd seen from Mexico to Peru. The Vibe was awesome and the service was with a smile. I noticed all staff interacted at a high friendly level with both myself and each guest which visited within the 20 days I stayed at Magnific Rock, so if you got the vibe the staff were being to cool (SaWa2012) you obviously didn't try hard enough to make friends!!!
There are several great waves within walking distance and offshore winds almost all year round.
And for what this Surf/Yoga camp already has to offer, some of the future plans the owner "Jackson Rowland" has currently underway and for the future. There wont be many that can compete!!!!
Jake
P.S. Flora De Cana Ron Forever!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Had a really great time at Mag rock. All of the staff were really friendly and energetic. Surf was really good almost the entire time we were there (over 2 weeks). The food was the best food I had eaten my entire trip. I had my passport stolen before I had arrived to Mag rock and the owner was really helpful in adivse and organising myself help and various options for transport, somewhere to stay in Managua etc.
Met some really cool people there and had an absolute ball. Will definately be visiting again :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

The Mag Rock has one of the nicest views and sunsets I ve seen on my 9 month trip and also some of the best (western) food I ate. but thats unfortunatly the only good things i can say about it.
the dorms are 20$ for old matresses, a dirty bathroom and no lockers. for this price you usually get a private room in all central america.
most of the staff thinks they are too cool for this world and dont make u feel very welcome.
than they charge a 10%service charge for a hardly existing service, most of the time we ordered drinks and food at the bar.
a last positiv thing to mention are the Nica girls that work during breakfast, always smiling and always friendly.
the owner could make so much more of this place, but thats obviously not in his interest...

• Stayed: September 2012
rowland d, Owner at Magnific Rock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Hi guys, thank very much for helping us with your review. Being a young hotel of 1 year we are still trying to raise the standards of our service and rooms. I believe you guys visited us during New Years which is why the rates for the rooms were bumped up a little due the the fact new years is usually peak season for most holiday destinations around the world.

We are really glad you guys enjoyed our food as it has taken a long time to train our talented team of locals to produce the amazing food that everyone comes here for. I apologise for the service that came along with it we still haven't managed to keep everyone happy during busy times such as New Years and other holidays. Hopefully if you ever visited again we will be more established and better equipped to cater for your needs.

Being the owner of the hotel I'm really glad you enjoyed the sunset and views of my hotel. That's why we have chosen to undertaken this large project in this beautiful area. I can say that I care very deeply about the direction of the hotel that's why I have put 2 1/2 years of sweat into this project. So it hurts when you say I don't care. A project like this in a country like this takes time and a lot of money and work. I'm sorry that we didn't get to meet as I was away for that week, it would have been great to tell you a little more about the history of the hotel. I sure you would have had a different appreciation for you experience.

Thanks again for you valuable review and I hope to one day see you or some of your friends visit our finished hotel.

Cheers Jackson rowland
Owner.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Fantastic views to check out the break. Delicious lunch of fresh fish Tacos and good chicken Quesadillas for our daughters, great cocktails too all served by friendly staff. There's a lovely vibe with hammocks to relax in and books to read.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Fiona H
Reviewed 26 December 2012

If you are traveling Nicaragua a must stop for a sun set location would be the Magnific Rock!! The best location along this beach. Plus the meal, service and laid back feeling all make for a great afternoon. We had the steak on the menu that night which would rival any stateside steak house Period!! Also the group we had (14 of us) tried the lobster as well as the pasta and all enjoyed a fine meal. We will be back. Nice one.

Room Tip: Did not stay this trip
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family