2,168 results
All reviewsslaney estuarydry dock barreeds restaurantkids cluboverlooking the riverleisure centrelovely hotelwexford townbar foodwedding venuefamily breaklovely viewfrom start to finishstrawberriestop classwould highly recommend this hotelnight break
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Terrific few days. Very good value. One of the best hotels we have stayed in in Ireland. All staff were excellent. Check in and check out were both painless. A very spacious, spotless bedroom with a great view over the inlet. The only very small moan was that the dinner menu was repeated every second day (probably as we were on a great value four day midweek special), although there was a good choice and the food was well presented and very tasty. The buffet breakfast was excellent with a great selection.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rupertj28
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for expressing your views. It is so great to read that you enjoyed a terrific few days at the Ferrycarrig and to read that it is one of the best hotels you have stayed in Ireland is of such high reward.
We sincerely appreciate your compliments and hope to have the opportunity to look after you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Really enjoyed our family get away in Ferrycarrig over the Halloween. Stayed 3 nights in the hotel. Booked adjoining rooms as 6 of us as no big family room but worked out perfectly. Food is excellent, every meal we had there was gorgeous. Will definitely return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank smyth_niamh

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am so pleased that you really enjoyed your family getaway with us. I am particularly pleased to hear that you found the food to be excellent.
I look forward to sharing your views with the entire team. Great to hear that you will definitely return.
Thank you for choosing the Ferrycarrig and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Just stayed here for 1 night with my wife and daughter. Lovely room and great swimming pool, went during the bank holiday weekend before Halloween. I'd recommend for families as it seems to be a great family orientated hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Ferrycarrig. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room and the leisure facilities. Thank you very much for your recommendation and indeed for choosing to stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We visited for afternoon tea on Monday. We were shown to a beautifully set table for three in the residents lounge. I have to say Mario made the afternoon for us. A really thoughtful and professional waiter. Everything was delicious and plentiful. Felt very bad about leaving because it was such a relaxed 3hrs!! Only negative was i have tasted better scones. Would strongly recommend a visit.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for posting your review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience so much and it will be my pleasure to pass on your compliments to Mario who will be so pleased with your feedback. I am little disappointed that the scones fell a little short. I most certainly will visit this with our Pastry Chef.
We appreciate very much your recommendation and look forward to having you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We were a group of 7 ladies celebrating my sisters 40th birthday and I can honestly say the staff at the Ferrycarrig could not have done more for us. We had B&B, evening meal and a treatment included in our package and every single detail was just perfect. Jodi in the Riverwood looked after us all for massages and manicures all day as our appointments were spread out over the whole day. She was excellent and I cannot recommend her highly enough.
The meal we had in Reeds restaurant was absolutely delicious and the staff treated my sister like a VIP for the whole evening, we were seated in a lovely booth in the middle of the restaurant with loads of very well trained staff looking after us. Every course and dish we had was just lovely and we had a few carafes of wine which was really good value as well as being delicious.
Jean in reservations was a pleasure to deal with over the few weeks leading up to our stay, we booked 2 twins and a triple room and I have to say the triple room we were allocated was like a junior suite (307). Because it was such a big room it meant that we were all able to meet up in our room for pre dinner drinks and had loads of space and comfort to enjoy ourselves. All our rooms had balconies and we had unexpected good weather so we were able to sit out and enjoy the beautiful views.
The only negative we can mention is there was a lot of people talking very loudly in the hall right outside our rooms at 3am which isn't the hotels fault but it was a problem for some people in our group who were unable to sleep through it.
Overall we had a brilliant stay and every single staff member we encountered over the weekend was so professional and friendly and genuinely seemed to care about their guest. Well done to the whole team at the Ferrycarrig, we will be back.

Room Tip: Room with balconies offer lovely views
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing such lovely feedback. Your review was a pleasure to read and we very much appreciate your abundant compliments. I look forward to conveying your praise to the entire team with a particular mention to Jodi and Jean who will be so proud of your recognition.
I am sorry that some unruly guests disrupted your nights sleep. Our night porters endeavour to police such behaviour but sometimes it has happened before we can react.
Thank you for choosing the Ferrycarrig to celebrate your sisters birthday. Delighted to hear that you will be back. We look forward to looking after you all again very soon.