2,183 results
All reviews slaney estuary dry dock bar reeds restaurant kids club overlooking the river leisure centre lovely hotel wexford town bar food wedding venue family break lovely view from start to finish strawberries top class would highly recommend this hotel night break
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

To Derek,

On behalf of my Husband & I,
We would like to take this opportunity to send a massive Thank you to all the Ferrycarrig Team for hosting our Wedding with such Efficiency, Attention to Detail, Excellent & Professional Service & Fantastic Food. We could not have asked for a better venue.

Our guests are still talking about what a Great Hotel it is, my brother & my brother in law have both booked their Weddings here since ours was so amazing.

Our Wedding Meal was just delicious, well presented & plentyful, Our guests were extremely well looked after.
We also had a gathering the day after & stayed on another night where we had a buffet style meal for about 80pax & everything was so fresh & tasty & steaming hot, the ribs were just melt in your mouth.

We honestly didn't have to worry about a thing, everything was organised for the couple of days through Frances & Michael whom had just simply taught of everything & made it all just a breeze & stress free for us.

So from Our Ceremony held in the Hotel to the arrivals drinks, to our meal, to the Tayto sandwiches for our guests at home time we just couldn't thank you all enough.
We even slept through breakfast the morning after the big day & Jeanette kindly phoned us after breakfast had finished & organised a lovely hot breakfast to be sent up to our room, no fuss, now that's going above & beyond. It was a very nice touch thanks again.

The Frontdesk staff & Management were always on hand for us & our guests both on the day & the build up. Thank you to the ladies in reservations for the handling of near 50 bedrooms booked by our guests whom travelled from as far as Australia, you made everything hassle free for them & us. Our guests were very comfortable & complimented the stunning views & cleanliness of their bedrooms.
Our own room was just stunning & spotless & our bed was very snug.
My mam stayed in the suite with me the night before & We got ready in the hotel before the ceremony, the accommodation staff were just excellent & changed the sheets & had the room done up beautiful for Mr & Mrs, you wouldn't have known we got ready in there, amazing touches you wouldn't have dreamed of, I won't spoil it for future couples but that's a lot of effort that was greatly appreciated.

But a Massive Thanks again to you Derek & your amazing team, They are all a credit to you & We will never forget all you did for us on what was the best best day of our lives & we look forward to sharing more happy times & creating more special memories with Ferrycarrig.

Warmest Wishes,
Dick & Lynda

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear Reviewer
Thank you so much for such a glowing review. We are very much humbled and indeed gloating over such fantastic comments. It was our great pleasure to host your wedding.
I hope the start of your married life is filled with good times and will continue to be.
I look forward to sharing your comments with all the team who I know will be so proud of your praise and recognition. Our very best wishes from all at Ferrycarrig and we hope to welcome you back very soon.
Thank you once again for such wonderful feedback.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at the Ferrycarrig hotel. We had a family room which was perfect for hubby and Me and our 18month old.

Everything about this hotel and its staff is effortless, nothing is a problem and there's a lovely relaxed atmosphere. I'm critical but I would struggle to find fault really.

It's not a huge hotel and perhaps quieter at this time of year but this all added to the ambience. I had a facial in the Riverwood Spa which was bliss, very professional and definitely worth booking.

My husband used the gym and noted the equipment to be top quality. The pool was lovely overlooking the river estuary which shimmered in the sun during our stay. The changing rooms were warm, clean and very baby / toddler friendly with a seat you can buckle your little one into or a playpen while you change yourself.

Food was delicious in the Dry Dock bar, we didn't eat in Reeds. Breakfast was run well, staff were attentive and between all the options for the buffet hot and cold everyone was well catered for.

My only negative is we didn't stay long enough !!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for expressing your views. I was delighted to read of your experience at the Ferrycarrig and we very much appreciate your praise and recognition. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel facilities alongside accommodating staff who we believe to be our biggest asset.
I hope that we can turn the negative of not staying to long into a positive on the next visit with a longer stay. Thank you again for your kind comments.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed Friday 16th and Saturday 17th September. We found the hotel staff extremely helpful, especially Kelly at reception who could not do enough for us. They were all very attentive to our every need and looked very professional in their crisp uniforms.
The Hotel itself is situated in a stunning location with amazing views both from your room and the verandas. However there were weddings on each day, and with our room (201) been located at the lifts made it noisey especially in the early hours of the morning when the weddings were finished.
The room itself (201) was very nice but because of its location we would not recommend this room.
We had a meal in it on Friday night in the bar which was lovely and the layout of the bar was very good too. Part of the bar was for Adults only where the other part was children friendly. We found this an excellent idea. Reeds restaurant was located in a beautiful area of the hotel with a very tasteful menu. We had our breakfast too which had to be the best breakfast that we ever had in any hotel, due to the different selections of foods catering for everybody's needs.

We will definitely return to this hotel, and we would highly recommend it to anybody considering staying in it.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Ferrycarrig. I was delighted to hear that you encountered extremely helpful staff with a particular mention to Kelly at the front desk. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the room but sorry that some noisy wedding guests impacted on your comfort. Great to hear that you enjoyed our Food and Beverage facilities and I look forward to passing on your compliments to all concerned.
It is so rewarding to hera that you will definetly return. Thank you so much for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

We stayed here after arriving in Ireland from the ferry at Rosslare. The room was enormous and very comfortable. The food was to excellent and plentiful. The mussels were to die for. An excellent place to sample your first taste of Irish Guinness.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed an excellent overnight stay with us. It is so reassuring to hear of excellent food and I hope the first Guinness was a hit!
Thank you for your kind words and also for choosing the Ferrycarrig hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

"Absolutely tremendous" Large selection of choice for breakfast and the rooms comfortable and clean. Used the amenities such as the steam room and the pool and again first class. The bar staff were most helpful but to single out anybody you would have to say Melissa far exceeded our expectations. Looking to hopefully book again for next year

Room Tip: Maybe a higher floor to take get a really good view of the river
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing your views with us. I was so pleased that your experience was "absolutely tremendous". We sincerely appreciate your praise and recognition.
I will ensure to convey your applause to Melissa who you so deservedly highlighted.
We hope to have the pleasure of looking after you again very soon.