2,182 results
All reviews slaney estuary dry dock bar reeds restaurant kids club overlooking the river leisure centre lovely hotel wexford town bar food wedding venue family break lovely view from start to finish strawberries top class would highly recommend this hotel night break
Reviewed 14 November 2008

we have just returned from a lovely relaxing break at the ferrycarrig hotel near wexford. I was a little uneasy booking this hotel after reading previous reviews, but we got a brilliant deal through supervalu for 3 nights b/b plus dinner, so decided to book. I found the staff very friendly and helpful at reception and in the bar and restaurant. The rooms were clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The view from our window overlooking the river was incredible, worth getting up for. Breakfast was perfect, and we enjoyed our meals in the bar and the restaurant. The hotel has a leisure centre and gym and a very cosy private residents sitting room. Ferrycarrig hotel is situated a couple of miles from wexford town, and the wexford hertitage park. Myself and my husband enjoyed our stay, and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank reilling
Reviewed 7 November 2008

We stayed in the ferrycarraig last weekend for three nights and while the hotel itself and surroundings are beautiful the staff and management leave a lot to be desired. The pillows in our room were terrible and the cheapest quality, it was impossible to sleep and my neck was in agony the next morning. The service in reeds restaurant was terrible. We asked what the side orders were and the waitress had to go ask and came back and informed us what they were and we would have to pay extra, we questioned this and she came back to us only to tell us it was included, we were appalled- to think this hotel rates itself as a 4* with that kind of service is a disgrace. The second day we had lunch in the bar and asked to get soup and sandwiches ordered simultaneously. The soup came out straight away and the sandwiches much later which were stale. We brought our complaints to the hotel and the manager was possibly the most inefficient i have ever seen, when i was giving him feedback he was so flippant and had an attitude. I then said to him do you expect us to pay for stale sandwiches and he said well you should have complained on the day which to be fair was true but we had such an unfriendly waitress we just decided to take it up with management. I asked him to check our bill and he discovered we were overcharged for 3 soups and left it at that. In all there is nothing worse than a hotel who do not aim to look after their customers if they have a complaint. I felt that i was doin the right thing by complaining as it's better to leave with giving feedback than not but unfortunately due to terrible management in the ferrycarraig it really would not be a place i would recommend to anyone. The only positives are the beautiful surroundings and the breakfast but the staff let everything down.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank allywal
Reviewed 28 August 2008

Lovely Hotel rooms great staff great leisure centre great but but Food BAD !!! And would recommened eating out Breaky is ok but dinner was dreadful ! Worst meal ever !
Stay here as rooms are really nice try and get a balcony i.e. a delux or superior room and go to la dolce vita in Wexford town Yummy.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Kate_KB
Reviewed 25 July 2008

We stayed at this hotel last week as it was voted Family Hotel 2008 by Georgina Campbell(Never listening to her again)we have a four month old baby and it was our first family holiday.We were dissapointed from start to finish.Costing just short of 2000 euro,we could have gone anywhere and besides the location everything else certainly doesnt rate.(4star...no way)We booked a deluxe room,no minibar,no pay per view tv,tiny kettle for making bottles,asked for fridge one was delivered and just left by the wall,not plugged in,a balcony with two miserable chairs,babys blanket worn to a thread,the "baby room" a converted en suite in front of a bedroom which is the human resource office..paper never delivered except when we phoned on two occasions, everything served with chips,food bland except for breakfast, which was good ,RTE channels off all week,no explanation, we had to endure BBC3 or ITV2 or of course the lovely wedding music on the three nights...Not worth the money. Never again!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 July 2008

We stayed at the Ferrycarrig in June on the Monday and Tuesday night after Bank Holiday Weekend. We have stayed at the Ferrycarrig Hotel as it is probably the most family friendly hotel we have stayed in in Ireland. We have two small children 16 months and 3 1/2 years old. They are both too young yet for the childrens club but we put our 31/2 year old in the baby club (1 to 4 years Old) for 2 hours each morning and he enjoyed it . The hotel was very relaxing as it was quiet after bank holiday weekend my husband used the lovely swimming pool and brought our 3/1/2 year old and I got to sit out on the lovely deck area in front of the esturay with a lovely glass of wine. The waiting staff and bar staff at the Ferrycarrig were very friendly to both us and the children and you dont feel uncomfortable any where in the hotel even the restaurant with small children as you do in many other hotels who say they are family friendly but are not. The rooms had been renovated since we were last there and were nicely decorated in cerise pink and silver bedclothes and drapes dosent sound nice but it worked, the rooms were also spotless. The only negative thing I noticed was we had dinner in reeds on the first night and I had a dish with monkfish, prawns and scallops with pasta, while the fish was lovely and fresh the whole dish was destroyed with a gravy like sauce on fish and pasta, it wasnt nice at all, also we were on a 2 nights B &B and one dinner basis and when we went to pay at check out , we were being charged extra for desserts and tea and coffe the receptionis t said the dinner was only to the value of €42.00 this was the first we had heard of this, eventually after repeating that we had dinner included and were only given the ala carte menu on the night and no one mentioned this she went to see and manager and came back and took it off bill. This was a bit annoying especially as I hadnt enjoyed my main course and had only eaten a little of it and had made the waitress aware of this. But this would not put me off staying here again , we love the hotel I just hope the food in the restaurant improves as we did think overall the dinner in general wasnt great , I always hate eating in restaurants on a Monday night as I find commis chefs tend to take the place of more experienced chefs, I hope it improves. I have to say though the breakfast and bar food were very good, especially the breakfast, I have stayed in five star hotels that have not served as good a breakfast. We are looking forward to returning to the Ferrycarrig again when our son is old enought (4) to join in the Friendly Fellows club, he would love it and we would welcome the break

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family