This is a nice quaint hotel in a beautiful setting. The bedroom was nicely decorated although the bathroom could do with some updating. The water pressure in the shower is dreadful and the temperature goes up and down constantly. The hair drier is also very old and not very powerful.
The hotel was very busy as it was peak season so we had a bit of a wait to get a table for breakfast.
We ate in the restaurant the evening we arrived and the food was very good. We had the early bird menu which had a very good choice of food and very well priced.
The pool and gym is excellent at this hotel and stays open until 9.30
I would definitely return to the ferryCarrig but perhaps for only 1 night as the shower situation would put me off staying any longer. If the bathrooms were upgraded this hotel would be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4-star Hotel located 4 kilometers outside Wexford Town on N11. 102 stylish & spacious bedrooms & suites - all with views of the river Slaney. Award winning waterfront Dry Dock Bar. Reeds at Ferrycarrig waterfront restaurant - 2 AA Rosette Award Winner, 5-star Active Health & Fitness club with 20m pool, Olympic standard gym, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room. Supervised children's play programs, Baby Clubbers (0 - 4 yrs) and Crazy Clubbers (4 yrs - 12 yrs). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Ferrycarrig Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Wexford
- Wexford Hotel Ferrycarrig
- Ferrycarrig Hotel Wexford