2,183 results
All reviews slaney estuary dry dock bar reeds restaurant kids club overlooking the river leisure centre lovely hotel wexford town bar food wedding venue family break lovely view from start to finish strawberries top class would highly recommend this hotel night break
Reviewed 14 October 2011

First impressions might be dented by the car park which is sloped steeply in front of the hotel entrance. Reception was friendly and efficient - never saw anybody waiting too long for reception during the stay. The hotel was spotless throughout. Our 2 children were delighted with the bunk beds in the large family room (room 220) . Every room has a view of the picturesque river / estuary. The bar was very nice with attentive service. We ate in the bar the first night and food was lovely. The second nite we dined in the restaurant which again could not be faulted. All staff encountered were helpful and friendly. Again the girls loved the balloons tied to the door handle on departure day. Very nice grounds and a playground for the children.

What's nice about this hotel is it is very family friendly but not over-run by children. There is "child-free" area in the bar called the snug - there were plenty of couples staying without kids and I would have no hesitation to come here for a night without the kids.

Only (very minor) problem was the noise from next doors bathroom plumbing when they flushed the toilet.

Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: ask for a room with bunkbeds
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We recently stayed in the Ferrycarrig Hotel the night before our friends wedding and the night after, so we had two different rooms. I have broken the review into different categories so you can pick and choose what you like;

Rooms: Our first room was nice but, and yes I am being picky here, the décor was cheaply done. The pillows and the headboard were silver plastic. Honestly the only way I can describe them. The bathroom had seen better days and was in need of an update. I did say I was being picky, for a giggle I have included pictures of the first room and the plastic pillows. Our second room was a lot nicer and more traditionally decorated. The rooms were both very clean and comfy.

Service: The service was amazing. On the night before the wedding we requested a dinner table at 9.20 for 10 people without a booking. The staff informed me the restaurant was closed and the chef was already cleaning the kitchen. Despite this they still accommodated all 10 of us and the waiters didn’t make us feel rushed or unwelcome which is what you would expect of any staff if you are, excuse the pun, eating into their Thursday night.

Weddings: Be prepared for lots of weddings I think there was four in row when we stayed there and the staff said this was pretty normal. However while the wedding guests were in the main residence bar the staff always ensure the residence were catered for first and we were never kept waiting long.

Transport: You will need a car to get to and from. Some of the over seas guest thought they could rely on a mixture of taxi’s and public transport. Since the hotel situated on a main road you will not get many buses without a hike and getting lots of taxi’s will prove more costly then hiring a car.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far end of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Spent 3 nights with 2 young adults. Disappointed with lack of ground around hotel big hotel on a small site. Car parks a bit to far away from door in wet weather. Good views out to water. A lot of young families noisy babies and young children. Food was good and restaurant menu was reasonably priced, service here good. Rooms could have been cleaner I mentioned this to management who appreciated comments. Disappointing episode on our first night in hotel with regard to bar dining, I inquired at 6 o'clock about reserving a table in the bar for eight. I was told this was not possible, as Wexford had played in Croke Park that day and local trade would be big. I was very disappointed when I went to the bar at eight to see reservation signs on a number of well located tables and random people arriving and sitting at them. This put me off, I did inquire from management later and was given an unsatisfactory reply.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have water view, go for upper floors for a better view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We spent last weekend in the Ferrycarrig on a two night B+B family package. From check-in to checkout nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

The room was spacious, spotless and very comfortable with a large bathroom.

Buffet breakfast also included some extras cooked fresh (poached egg, kippers, etc) and was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have tasted. We had our dinner in the restaurant on one evening and again it was of a very high Standard and only 20 euro for three courses.

The leisure centre as like the rest of the hotel was spotlessly clean. We had a seven year old with us and he had a great time in the pool.

All in all a great place to stay and we will definitley be going back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Stayed here for my birthday and it was a pleasure to stay here. Rooms were spotless, service was excellent and food was brilliant! Great location with lovely scenery definitely give these guys your business if your planning a trip to wexford.

• Stayed: October 2010