Review Highlights
Tews with stroller

We did the tews side trail and were really not sure of what to expect, since this was the first... read more

Reviewed 24 October 2018
Batool S
Toronto, Canada
via mobile
We were wow'd at Webster Falls!

Took a few hours off and enjoyed the unseasonably warm weather this week to visit Webster Falls on... read more

Reviewed 13 October 2018
Frederic C
Dundas, Canada

All reviews spencer gorge webster falls dundas peak conservation area beautiful park parking fee at your own risk beautiful spot be careful short hike nice hike train tracks per vehicle parking lot the cliff easy hike beautiful view
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Short walk to the Webster’s falls from parking and lovely hiking area. You can get around Webster’s Falls from a couple different directions. Spencer’s trail is cut in a few areas because of housing. Good way to spend your afternoon.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Disclaimer is that if you simply go to the places that the crowd/tour goes you will really not experience any of the beauty of this location. If you are willing to venture off on your own then this trail (which used to be fully accessible) is remarkable. A gorgeous flowing stream, 2 waterfalls and a peak that's awestruck. Climbing to the peak can pose challenging, do bring good shoes and water as it is quite a steep climb. Avoid any rock-climbing as it seems achievable but really isn't even for the avid climbers.

2  Thank cadmuspro
Reviewed 21 September 2017

The conservation area is good for trails and doing a picnic at the Webster Falls area. It is a bit expensive to spend $10 for parking and $5/person for access to the conservation area and the Tew and Webster Falls.

2  Thank Chaitanya S
Reviewed 17 September 2017

My daughter and I drove an hour to find that the parking lots have been closed. You follow these Fallsview Parking signs which you assume would be just around the corner; 10 minutes later you arrive at this farm that's been converted to a parking lot and pay booth for the Falls–a shuttle bus drives you back to a drop off site near the falls. You pay $10 for parking an another $5 per person for admission; I didn't think the money was that much of an issue until I arrived at the falls. The falls are surrounded by a 4 foot high metal fence that also cuts off most of the forest paths. 10 minutes of walking around in a circle and you've basically seen everything, including the obstructed view of the falls. Last time I visited Webster's Falls I was able to walk down to the bottom to an incredible view - that is no more. The entire trip was a swarm of annoyed and frustrated visitors who were trying to figure out how to get to the bottom.

We then decided to walk to the nearby Tews Falls Nope, no longer accessible by foot; have to make your way back and wait for another shuttle (school bus) to take you there. I asked the park attendant if Tews Falls was also behind a fence and he confirmed the falls were no longer accessible. At that point we decided to cut our losses and left–it was obvious we weren't the only ones who felt ripped off.

An hour drive and $20 admission just to admire steel fencing. Shameful at what they did to this place.

8  Thank zzyygg65
Reviewed 9 September 2017

It has something to see all year round. I saw people snapping photos on cliffs. I could not rationalize doing that but maybe I will do it one day and post a photo here. I walked a fall day and the path was muddy. I did not mind it but my friend was quite upset about it. So stroller friendly!

Date of experience: October 2016