other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

NathanME
Caribou, Maine
“Ok, had hoped for better”
Reviewed 27 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

For background, this is probably my 30th time to PR and my 10+th time to the Rincon area. I stayed or been in a bunch of places in the area. We were surfers, rock climbers, and such, so we are used to all kinds of accommodations - from sleeping bags in the rain onward, e.g. we are not a bunch of city slicker snobs or something.

1-there are no smoke detectors, which upset me a lot. I found them all piled up with the batteries removed.

2-the lock to the gate seems to have been changed and the properly manager was unaware and not really that willing to help. We had to jump the fence.

3-the directions are just wrong, there is no speedway, it has been renamed. Luckily I knew the area.

4-In general the location is ok, it is a ways down from Tamboo, an easy walk. It is not beachfront or that near the beach. You can kind of see the beach, but that is about it.

5-The accommodation were spartan to say the least, actually kind of depressing: there isn't a single thing on the walls and the couches are broken and dirty. The balcony door doesn't close, nor does it lock. I'll be clear, it was ok, but we had hoped for better. It looks like a crash pad for a group of frat boys or something. There were no towels for the beach, or any pillows for the outdoor bed. I kept thinking, would it be that hard to have a couple beach chairs and maybe an umbrella with a couple towels for the guests? I think there was a bar of soap in one of the bathrooms. As I said, it was all ok, but just very ok.

6-The place above us was incredibly loud, I think there was a wedding happening, but it made having the windows open impossible.

Would I go back to this place? Meh, if I had no other choices, as I said, it was ok...nothing worth being upset about, but there are nicer places in the price range - places where someone has spent 30 minutes making it kind of homey for visitors.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
27 Mar 2015
Alex, thanks for taking your time.

The smoke detectors were removed by previous guests because they started beeping in the middle of the night and took them out.

I gave you guys a complete set of keys, including one for the gate. There was no need to jump because you had a gate clicker. Also, it will be super hard to jump because the gate is super high. If the key did not work a simple phone call would have solve the issue. I never got a call from you.

I am sorry that we did not realize the directions had the wrong gas station name. It recently changed name. We never offer the place as beach front, just a short walk to the beach, like it is. The Caracol Che next door has weddings usually during the weekends. We had never received complaints before about noise there, but compare to the bars by the beach its nothing. Unfortunately we cannot control that either.

Each owner decides what amenities they to offer guests. When our places have beach chairs, beach towels, coolers or umbrella we tell guests. When we don't its because the place does not has it.

Again, I am sorry that it did not meet your decoration needs. Hopefully for next time you will find something that will fit your needs better.

Being a full time resident and manager of properties for over 15 years we can tell you that $250 a night for 8 people with central air, short walk to the beach and big living space its a fair price, that's only like $30 per person!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 250
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing