“The good, the bad, and the ugly...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Horned Dorset Primavera

Horned Dorset Primavera
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rincon
“The good, the bad, and the ugly...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

THE GOOD: the hotel is charming, spacious, pretty clean and has beautiful views. The restaurant serves a wonderful guava soufflé and a good carrot soup. The service is good and the staff is mostly nice. THE BAD: the gardens are completely neglected and although they were working on the lawn, it needs improvement. I had the worst hamburger I have ever eaten in my life. The bread was stale and too small for the pattie, I asked for medium-well, and it was dry and more than well done. The gnocchi was bland, completely tasteless. The entree portions are ridiculously microscopic even for an upscale restaurant. The roasted chicken was quail-size with less than a tablespoon of pure (mashed potatoes)!! THE UGLY: particularly at night, the strong sewage stench is unbearable! The dogs roaming around the property, altough well-behaved, are not a pleasant sight either.
I had a wonderful time, but the property needs some TLC and PLEASE take care of the sewage problem. I really wish them success so it can go back to its former glory. I would go back again and give it another shot.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sheilym
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your expierence on your recent stay with us. We are located on the beautiful West Coast of Puerto Rico and your term, "the good, bad and ugly" is taken from a Wild West movie not quite becoming to our tropical paradise.

I do appreciate your comments and have shared them with our staff as we are getting ready for the high season.

This summer we had special offers for local residences and we got wonderful feed back but it seems we did not live up to your expectations.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you decide to visit us again.

Sincerley,

Rincon, Puerto Rico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed at the villas for 3 week days and it was outstanding. The facilities are impressive and top maintained, people are very nice and service is excellent. It was a surprise birthday celebration stay which was very relaxing and comfortable. This is one of the most beautiful places, well decorated villas in PR for sure. I believe not many people know it, therefore very private place. It is not a typical hotel with TV, etc., it is for relaxing and romantic moments. The pool in your own backyard terrace, the view and landscape are a plus. I certainly recommend it.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your expierence of your recent stay with us and it was great having you here and we are looking forward seeing you back again.

Rincon, Puerto rico
Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

The beauty of this place is awesome. Its rooms, surroundings, food, service, people, made ​​our stay an unforgettable experience. We definitely want to return soon. We recommend this place as one for the most relaxing vacation you can have.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated and will share it with all our staff.

We are looking forward seeing you back again.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

My boyfriend (now husband) at the time invited me to spend the weekend at this lovely hotel. We arrived late Friday Night. Saturday morning we ordered room service for breakfast which was great and sat down at the balcony for a nice romantic breakfast right in front of the ocean. Right after breakfast an airplane passed right in front of our villa with a Banner asking if I would marry him!!!!! Everything had been planned weeks before and I had no clue. My husband and the hotel's administration worked together to make this the perfect proposal and afterwards the best honeymoon. They were even at the next door villa taking pictures for us.

We have been around but never been in a Hotel that has all the good things in the same place. The food was great, service was excellent and the accommodations and ambiance of the hotel make you feel royal. You do not need to leave your room for anything so is perfect for honeymooners or romantic escapades with that perfect someone.

After our great weekend I wanted to surprise my husband with something special from our engagement weekend and since he fell in love with the bathrobes included in each room I asked Wilhelm (hotel administrator) to buy him one. Wilhelm sent a private chofeur from Rincon to San Juan to give me not one but two bathrobes as a wedding gift from the hotel. We now remember each day our special weekend at the Horned Dorset. We will definitely be coming back each year for our anniversary thanks to the great staff and accommodations provided we have a special place away from home.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your special weekend expierence at the hotel and all our best wishes and congratulations for your "new life" and we are looking forward seeing you back again.

We will never forget the plane flying along the shoreline in front of the hotel with the banner " .... Casa conmigo"

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

This definitely has been one of the best, if not the best resort we have stated in. Friendly & speedy check in. Now the room, wow! No need to even point out how clean it was. Marble floors, great furniture, awesome bed! The private plunge pool was a great feature!

Only issue we had was the door that was not locking properly. In less than 10 minutes it was resolved.

They have two pools but the infinity edge pool had a million dollar view! Definitely recommended & can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and we are pleased that you enjoyed the Horned Dorset Primavera and I will pass on your comments to all the staff.

We are looking forward seeing you back again and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance for any future vist.

Rincon, Puerto Rico
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
100.1 km away
#3 of 6 in Isla de Vieques
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,745 reviews
128.6 km away
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel

Been to Horned Dorset Primavera? Share your experiences!