“Great lessons with individual approach”

Surfing Lessons Puerto Rico Adventure Company
Ranked #5 of 17 Tours in Rincon
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf Lessons Puerto Rico covers a need for people looking to develop in the sport of surfing or for fun. We know our customers are special people who require professional, certified, and qualified instructors in the field of surfing. This is why SLPR is aware that customer service has been an important aspect of our success.Thank you for taking the time to check out Surf Lessons Puerto Rico & Adventures, we provide the best surf lesson in Rincon, P.R. When you are on the norwest of the island or planning a Puerto Rico surf vacation, let us teach you to surf and give you the experience of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
St. Petersburg, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lessons with individual approach”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We wanted to get into surfing during our vacation in PR, so I started looking through surf schools online well in advance. From what Ramse wrote at his website it seemed he's a real professional and devoted to surfing too, so we chose him for the lesson and did not disappoint at all. I had a little surfing experience several years ago, my wife did it for the first time here. Ramse met us by the lighthouse in Rincon and we followed him in our car to two different spots to decide whats best for us. He ended up finding a perfect place for us to start - a spot where there were only 3 of us and nice small waves to start with. We went through safety instructions on the shore and a few useful tips on choosing spots and being aware of others in the water. Ramse then showed us how to stand up on the board (a different technique from what i had at my first lesson in Hawaii, and for me - a better one in terms of control) and then we jumped in to the water. Both of us got to catch several waves, some we managed to ride for quite some distance, and Ramse gave us a good follow up of what we,ve learned at the shore. It was a great lesson overall, we were able to catch some waves ourselves on the next day, and looking at a few groups of people from surfschools struggling in the water, we felt like we made the right choice:-) forgot to say- Ramse had good equipment too, nice longboards, not those light softtops we've seen people having trouble with.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank IgorGots

North Idaho
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Best in Rincon”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We had 6 kids ages 9-19 and they all went 1/2 day. Ramsey & Collin are great teachers and the kids loved it. All were up surfing the first attempt. Best surf lessons we have had, better than Maui, Waikiki, and Costa Rica. Plus is they also throw in an anti-drug message. Highly recommend. Call ahead for reservations.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Wardog6
Sandpoint, ID
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The only ones to call for surf lessons in Rincon”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Ramse and Colin took a group of six cousins aged 7 to 19 and they all had a great time, stood up and rode numerous waves, and all wanted to go again. Very professional and safety conscious, I noticed they moved to a different peak on the wave when the spot they were learning in became a little crowded. Also took an intermediate lesson with Colin and he was great explaining many of the finer points of becoming a better surfer and helping me to get better, I will be booking him again. Overall a great experience for the whole family.

Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Felt Like a Kid Again”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband & I stayed one night in Rincon, and had wanted to surf while there. Ramse was flexible in helping us find a time that worked with our travel plans. He met us at our hotel, and took us to where he felt the waves would be best for beginners. Leading up to this, I was not confident I'd be able to stand. But - I stood up on my first attempt! By the end of the lesson, my husband had the timing down and was starting to catch his own waves. We had an absolute blast learning from the best! Ramse was incredibly patient and an excellent teacher. This remains the highlight of our trip! We will call him the next time we travel to Rincon.

Visited December 2011
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Best Surfing Experience for Beginners and Beyond”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We visited in Dec 2011 with our 4 kids ages 11-20. For the adults, it was our first time, kids had surfed before. Ramse and his crew (Colin and Rachel-AWESOME!) took us out and had us up surfing within an hour. They are extremely vigilant on Safety matters-spent a half hour on the beach before letting us go in the water. They were always aware of where everyone was in the water and re-iterated safety protocol throughout the lessons. Equal amounts of swagger and seriousness- we loved them. Additionally, they gave us some great local food and activity recommendations and whenever we mentioned Ramse or Colin- we felt like we got special treatment-they have some serious street cred in Rincon. They get my absolute highest recommendation.

Visited December 2011