“Sitting on a porch swing a stones throw from St. Ann's Bay. Life's good!”

Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor
Ranked #2 of 2 Indian Brook B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 September 2016

The Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor is about a half hour from Ingonish (highlands Park entrance) to the north east and about a half hour to Baddeck to the Southwest. It's a good location to get to the many scenic areas of Cape Breton.
The property is well-maintained and has an outstanding view of Saint Ann's bay, where you can see seals near the beach poking their heads above the water. The cottage we stayed in ( pictured ) was clean, well appointed and roomy. Although we didn't spend much time during the day there, it was a very nice place to return to after a long day of hiking. Our hosts, Lonnie and Roy, were a very pleasant and friendly couple and Lonnie made sure everything was the way it should be. Both of them worked very hard to keep their place looking great and comfortable for their guests.

I would highly recommend the Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor while exploring Cape Breton.

Room Tip: If you like porch swings then pick the single standing end cottage.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Thanks Peter glad you both have a great time hope to see you again.
All the best Lonnie & Roy

There are newer reviews for Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor

Reviewed 29 August 2016

My Sheltie Chiquita and I stayed 2 nights in July in the Queen suite. The accommodations were lovely - on the night of the full moon I could look out the sliding glass doors to see the moon. I loved all the different kinds of accommodations - from cabins to a trailer to a boat to the studio like suite I stayed in. Different types of travelers were attracted by the different lodging styles, so it was neat to have young couples as well as families, and then myself - the over 60 solo traveler (a daughter was supposed to come with me, but couldn't, so I traveled on my own).
Breakfast was amazing - choice of entrée, lots of fresh fruit choices, coffee - and it was fun to eat outside on the deck. There were so many extras - hot tub, gazebo, swings, steps down to the beach. The property is incredibly scenic, and I loved hearing the waves come to shore.
But most especially, my dog Chiquita loved running freely, befriending other guests (she looks like a miniature "Lassie") and getting some play time with Lonnie's oldest dog.
This was truly a "refreshing retreat" for us - and after the long drive around the Highland Forest, I was so glad to come back for a 2nd night!

Room Tip: What kind of lodging do you want? There are choices of a more motel like suite, a family cabin, a tr...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Janet H

Glad you had a nice stay come and see us again.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed two nights while taking in some activities on Cape Breton Island. We had the "Boat" accommodation. It was clean, spacious, well furnished, comfortable beds and peaceful.. I haven't slept that soundly in 4 years. Honestly.
All amenities except A/C but it was not needed as the ocean air is very comfortable in the evening.
The owners are very friendly and made us feel right at home. The breakfast included was delIcious and you couldn't ask for a better setting or nicer company. Afterwards we enjoyed a walk on the beach.
This establishment is truly top shelf. The attention to every detail is evidence of their passion in providing an exceptional experience for their customers. We enjoyed our stay and will be returning. I would give it EXTRA stars if I could !! Thanks for a very memorable experience.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Glad you had a nice visit see you again hopefully.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

My family if 4 stayed at the Sea Parrot last night and what an amazing experience. Not only was the room super comfortable but the hosts were extremely helpful and accommodated our every need. They were able to fit us in last minute and accommodated our little dog as well.

I'm not sure what anyone could say negative about this place. The breakfast was gourmet! The view was gorgeous, fabulous hosts, they had a bon fire, jets in the bathroom tub, hot tubs, a sunrise better than any I have seen and some very unique accommodations!

We will hopefully be back - next time for longer!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

So glad you and your family had a great stay come back and see us again.
All the best

Reviewed 2 August 2016

A little piece of Heaven on the Cabot trail. Loved our Apartment & Breakfast was amazing. The motorcycle ride around the Cabot trail was breathtaking and it was so nice to jump in the Hot tub and relax when we got back. Lonnie and Roy were so helpful & friendly!!! Looking forward to doing it all again in two years, same accommodations :)

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nancy D
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Hey Nance and Mark,
Miss you already see you in Florida.
Lonnie & Roy

14.8 km away
Chanterelle Inn & Cottages
Chanterelle Inn & Cottages
#1 of 1 in North River Bridge

Been to Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor? Share your experiences!