“80's Chinese”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2017

I recently went to Chans for the first time and I loved it!
They don't make Chinese restuarants like this any more and I'm sure some people would argue its for good reason but westernised Chinese like this definitely has a place in my heart.
The setting is incredible, I hate to think the real estate gold mine the property is sitting on and hope they never sell!! It reminded me of the Chinese restaurant they visit in Muriels Wedding.
The food is exactly what you're expecting in this setting and there is something comforting in that.
There was a large group of us and I think we had the $38 banquet, a fried dim sim, spring roll and a sang choy bao to start, all fresh and hot.
Then a bowl of some sort of combination meat with rice and a sweet and sour pork, I think it was.
Before salt and pepper prawns and I think a sizzling Mongolian lamb was brought out.
I like that with each round of mains there was a fresh fried rice brought out. Again the dishes were all fresh, well cooked and hot.
The service was wonderful too, they could not do enough for you.
I really didn't like the dessert of tinned fruit salad and icecream.
We also ordered a bomb alaska but wish we didn't. Both desserts were so sweet but that's alright, you don't go to chinese restaurant for dessert, unless that dessert is fried ice cream!
We will definitely be going back the next time we've got a craving for chinese like this!

1  Thank BrooksBride

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

It has been a while since the last time we dined at the Restaurant. The food has always been good and consistent and excellent service.

The downside is that they charged us for a tiny container of chopped chillies in soya sauce and also the four plastic containers (doggy bag). It leaves a bad taste when you want to leave a generous tip!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Had dinner at this restaurant and from the instant you walk in the door the service is fantastic, quick orders by efficient waitstaff to great tasting food. Is our local go to restaurant for quality Chinese food.

1  Thank Grant M
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

We have not been here for 28 years love it then and still love it, food so tasty,service fantastic. Such a family place plus a romantic place , there was a lady singing why we where eaten softly and so beautiful. Cost worth every cent . If you want to go book . We will return and will not wait another 28 years .

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank lisa g
Reviewed 17 January 2017

I love chans. Nice family restaurant with a great atmosphere and food is delicious. Prices are also reasonable.

Date of visit: January 2017