All reviews our honeymoon plunge pool indian ocean minute flight beach bag deserted beach bao the managers dar es salaam sun loungers fresh water lagoon meal times local fishermen dinner on the beach stayed for nights rowing boat peace and quiet
Reviewed 10 February 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights in January and had the most amazing holiday. We were traveling with my sister so took the family cottage at the top of 84 stairs, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms - it was perfect and the view was incredible. The beach to the left of the hotel was wonderful and we swam in the ocean for hours in order to work off the delicious meals - the pool is small but very nice and very clean. Good wifi at the pool which was a big plus. All in all a magical place to stay - thank you to all the staff and Kilimani, Simon and Giulia for making us so welcome! See you again later in the year

Room Tip: if there are no mobility issues then go for the rooms on the hill
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Smallworldmarketing, Manager at Ras Kutani, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Hello Candy!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review. It was really nice to have you as our guests, we enjoyed your company a lot! We will pass on your feedback to the rest of the team who will be delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Ras Kutani.

We do hope to welcome you back very soon, the Monkeys will also be waiting for you!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Just back in the cold UK from 4 great days at Ras Kutani - a thoroughly relaxing wind down after 2 weeks on safari in Ruaha and Selous. Nothing too strenuous but eat well, drink, sleep well, read, swim in the pool or the ocean and relax in the camp or on the beach with kayaking on the lagoon, walking in the forest walk and strolling along the generally deserted beach, apart from a few local fishermen providing the evening fish dish. Excellent.
Our second visit - this time in the quiet season. Brilliant, informative and most helpful management from Simon and Julia with old hand Kilimani and super friendly staff who even entertained us in their staff canteen at the FA Cup match - just a pity about the result Chelsea 3 Newcastle 0!
Thanks to everyone - highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 5 next to the pool area and WiFi was fine with good view over the lagoon and the visiting Kites, Fish Eagles and kingfishers.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Moira43
Smallworldmarketing, Manager at Ras Kutani, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear Moira,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. It was a pleasure to welcome you back at Ras Kutani & we hope it brought back some nice memories from when you came the first time.

We agree that going on safari can get quite tiring and sitting by the beach or pool reading is the perfect way to wind down!

We're sorry Newcastle didn't manage to win the game, better luck next time?

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Excellent setting, great dining, outstanding hospitality. Family house was very convenient (two lodges with joint meeting place in the middle) and views from there were beautiful. Not too far away from Dar es Salaam. We arrived with a tyre puncture but our host solved the problem smoothly

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom_Borghols
Smallworldmarketing, Manager at Ras Kutani, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Hello Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Ras Kutani! We're happy to hear you and your family had a good time with us. You're welcome for the tyre and we hope you had better luck driving back home!

As you said we're not far from Dar es Salaam so we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

We had an amazing experience ever! The rooms are absolutely beautiful and with a great view of the ocean and the lagoon. We enjoyed the forest walk, food and the blending of the lodge with nature. The staff are also very welcoming and making sure that we had a safe and memorable stay. I would recommend this place for anyone interested to enjoy combination of ocean and terrestrial life :)

Room Tip: check first if kids are allowed
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Smallworldmarketing, Manager at Ras Kutani, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Geofrey,

What a wonderful review. Thank you very much for taking the time to write it to us. We're thrilled to hear you had an amazing time and the staff made you feel so welcome here at Ras Kutani. We will definitely pass on the message to the rest of the team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

The Ras Kutani Family.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

A four day stay at Ras Kutani Lodge was a fantastic wrap-up of my two month+ trip to India, Kenya and Tanzania. I am forever grateful to SiyabonaAfrica for booking me to Ras Kutani instead of a resort on Zanzibar as originally planned.

A kindly driver who waited for me at DAR drove me for two hours to Ras Kutani. The drive offered me a glimpse into life along the south coast of Tanzania. Upon arrival, the manager and the staff introduced me to the lodge and my cottage that was to be my home for the next four days. And what a home. It was situated on a small lagoon adjacent to a long white beach on one side and a mangrove forest on another. Except for the villagers using the beach as a foot highway or for mopeds, the lodge was totally secluded from any traffic. Bliss. I was told that the lodge was a full service resort complete with spa services, excursions and hiking programs.

However, after a full month of touring India and nearly 4 weeks of safari in Amboseli, Lewa Conservancy, Maasai Mara, Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti, all I wanted to do was taking off my shoes to let soft warm sand flow between my toes. Or relax in a hammock or read or just sit and enjoy the view. Ras Kutani offered me all that. I also enjoyed watching the monkeys jumping all around my cottage, up my roof, on the resort ground. I also enjoyed feeding the resident tortoise. I don’t blame him for coming for his breakfast because food at Ras Kutani was most delicious.

Ras Kutani staff was most welcoming, courteous and highly professional. One accompanied me to the village - on foot! And gave a tour of the village, the school, the hospital and the village entrepreneur who made exquisite handicrafts worthy of any souvenir bags.

One thing I did not like about Ras Kutani was allowing people to smoke in the common area. Smokers would sit on the terrace that command the best view of the dining room. They also smoked by the pool. Since my cottage was adjacent to the pool house, relaxing on my veranda was not pleasant. One day while I was reading in the pool house, a woman came in and started to smoke on the next seat.

Stayed: February 2017
Smallworldmarketing, Manager at Ras Kutani, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear M P,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. We're glad to hear the staff took such good care of you and you enjoyed the peace and quietness here at Ras Kutani, we agree with you that after such a long trip all you want to do is relax!

We're sorry that some people who smoked bothered you and we have since then allocated areas where smokers can smoke without bothering the non-smokers.