“Pleasant but expensive”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We ate at the restaurant on Monday 29 Jan 2018, in the evening.
As we walked in, the waiter was showing a plate of fish to a couple already seated. As we sat, he showed the same plate to us - Oysters, Hake and Cherne. We chose the Hake but were surprised that we didn't then see a menu card. A little while later the dishes were delivered and they were excellent - lovely flavour, beautifully cooked hake and nice fresh veg.
We were then given the menu card and found we'd not had the opportunity to order starters - some looking really tasty.
So, two main course dishes, two glasses of wine and bread (for which we were charged) all came to 80€. All very nice, but not worth 80€.
I have given 4 stars because the atmosphere was pleasant, the beach-front location superb and the quality of the food was high.
I might have given 5 stars with a good starter included for the 80€.

2  Thank squinny2016

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch. Did not meet our expectations: fish soup didn't taste fishy, mushrooms ok but not chef worthy and the rabbit had no taste at all. Chips that came with the rabbit were quite pale. Prices at the high end of the Quemada scale. Overall, we will not come back !

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We were able to get our favourite table just in the restaurant from the patio. A lovely view of the sea but the tables here have linen and the chairs are more comfortable.
New staff for us but very friendly and helpful.
My wife started with a fresh oyster which tasted of the sea - we then shared garlic prawns.
The main course was the star - merluza ( hake ) which was one of the special fish dishes. We were both delighted with the large piece of fish perfectly cooked with the central bone removed. It came with canarian potatoes and salad.
We finished with the fig mousse which is ‘ to die for ‘ !!
Not a cheap meal at just under 100 euros but absolutely worth it.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Playa Quemada is a laid back place, far away from any tourist buzz and we happened to choose this little restaurant among the few, as it has big windows towards the ocean and thus you don't get cold after sunset. The service was very eager and friendly and the food is good, even though rather high priced for the island. All in all it was a very pleasant experience and that's why we share it!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Whilst of course one expects to pay premium prices when the view is so incredible, when the plate of calamari arrived, I seriously thought they had made a mistake and brought a starter. To add insult to to injury they were also rather chewy (I eat it often, so I know the difference). At 13,50€ I expected more than 8 small rings and 3 tiny potatoes. We also had to request bread (which wasn't offered and was charged extra for). The house white (Raymar) came in at almost 5€ for a small glass. When asked what language we wanted the menus in, I requested 1 English, 1 Spanish, the Spanish one never arrived and the English one had many errors in it. There was no drinks menu offered at all. At the end of the meal I asked the very pleasant male waiter if the portion was a starter, as it was so small and he replied that it was a main course size. When I expressed surprise he tried very politely to suggest that it was normal, which i know it isn't having lived in Lanzarote for 11 years. Eventually he spoke to what appeared to be the owner, who simply shrugged his shoulders. No attempt was made to rectify or explain. I am aware that of course they get many passing tourist trade and perhaps as such they feel they don't have to offer a good service or value for money. This was very definitely a disappointment that won't be repeated. What a shame as the view is lovely.

1  Thank Showanne