Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
Amazing day

How knowledgeable Ken was about the region, we had a great time and luckily we had a smaller group... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
craigaO5908LT
Sydney, Australia
Better the second time around

This was the second time that we used Mudgee Wine and Country Tours having last visited in February... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Gary C
Sydney, Australia

All reviews mudgee wine full day tour his knowledge great tour driver guide cheese factory local area highly recommend this company local history great driver small group great afternoon end of the day group of friends pizza cellar door ken
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

I booked the wine tour through Jan for my birthday and Terry took us on our tour. Jan always responded promptly to my emails and well what a great day we had with terry. Extremely knowledgable and just a great guy to have showing us around the beautiful Mudgee wine region. I would highly recommend!!!!

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank BlakeJ587
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Mudgee Wine & Country Tours was the company which introduced us to the Mudgee wine region.

Run by couple Terry and Jan, the service provided is excellent, and very nicely priced, with half-day tours costing $50 per person and full-day tours costing $80 per person.

The itinerary for the full-day tour, which we took, includes six wineries and a lunch stop.

We visited Farmer's Daughter Wines, Robert Stein Winery & Vineyard, Huntington Estate, Moothi Estate (for wine tasting and lunch), Vinifera Wines, Baker Williams Distillery (right next to Vinifera) and Pieter van Gent.

Terry was an amusing and very laid-back host, who injected some humour and interesting anecdotes into the day.

From my time talking to Terry throughout the day, the itinerary varies quite a lot, and with around 40 wineries in the area, there is plenty to visit.

Jan, who took our booking over the phone, is a very warm and helpful person, and she suggested places for us to stay, as we had not booked accommodation as yet.

We originally wanted to take a private day tour, but unfortunately on the day we were in town, resources for a private tour were not available, so we took the full-day group tour. Despite the number of people (20 or so), it was a great day, and we got to talk to some of the other people on the tour.

The service provided by Mudgee Wine & Country Tours is excellent. Terry picked up all of the participants from their places of accommodation, and he arrived right on time to pick us up.

We would be happy to take another tour with Terry on a subsequent visit.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank Xenedis
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Seriously if you want to book a wine tour in Mudgee these are the people to book with. Jan was so efficient in correspondence. We told her where want to go and she gave us history and recommendations. Terry was an absolute gem taking us everywhere we wanted to go no questions asked and gave also a brief history before getting there. Being wine lovers this was perfect for us. If we could give you more than 5 stars we would !

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank Kurt N
Reviewed 3 January 2017

I could not fault the tour. Jan went out of her way to pick up our English friends who had. Left the tour early for a special race meeting. She took them to see kangaroos as I told her they had not seen any on their trip. Above and beyond. Knows her wines and the district. Also made sure we were comfortable all the time and went to the best place for lunch.

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank Laurel R
Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

I must admit we booked this tour based on reviews but we had a terrible tour leader/driver who basically said 20 words the whole trip. Paid $160 for two people to get driven around with no commentary at all, not even a hello when we got on the bus. We gave a review directly to the owners who said they would pass the comments onto the tour leader/driver. Very disappointed to say the least considering the reviews they had. I was offered a discount next time I was in Mudgee but I don't think so. It's a shame really that you put someone on for the day that basically made your business suffer.

Date of experience: November 2016
4  Thank michellecH8894LL
Terry H, Owner at Mudgee Wine & Country Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Hi Michelle,

When you sent the email nearly three weeks ago I said so sorry about the tour. I passed the email onto our driver and spoke to him regarding the tour. Yes I'm disappointed you didn't enjoy the tour. I offered a good discount for another tour with either Terry or myself. This isn't an option for you, hope you enjoyed your time in my lovely town.
JAN