“Fantastic Seafood...in the middle of Umbria, Italy!!!”
Review of Ottavi Mare

Ottavi Mare
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Bevagna
Price range: USD 34 - USD 45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

My wife Karen, LOVES seafood and I'm somewhat indifferent about it...until we had an afternoon meal at Ottavi Mare. This restaurant is absolutely wonderful. We have always enjoyed eating at small chef owned eateries and his one has a very professional man and wife team. We were there on a Saturday afternoon and had a chance to also meet their daughter as she ran into the kitchen looking for her "Oma". We fell in love with this place. The restaurant decor is very elegant and tasteful but not over done. Wine was delicious and the food outstanding! In fact, it was better than that. My grilled seafood mix was superb: cooked to perfection. While I didn't try it, Karen's seafood soup was worth taking a picture of and most important, she loved every bite. This will not be our last trip to Bevagna and we plan to return for more wonderful seafood prepared perfectly at Ottavi Mare.

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

We have been in Umbria for several days, and wanted a lighter fare and a change of pace from traditional Umbrian food. Based on TA reviews we went here and WOW! Only two special "fish of the day," but upon hearing that the waiter went to the market (probably Perugia???) that morning and chose the fish we said ok. It was the freshest Rombo (turbot) I think that I have ever had, including 5 years living in Milano where fish was king. Tremendous. Flavors of the accompaniments of vegetables were also delicious.

Our starter of tuna carpaccio (actually braised tuna sliced thinly) was excellent, the wine list was great and included many non Umbrian varieties, and the trio of sorbetti (grapefruit, mango and limone) was excellent.

Highly recommended - go with the house choice of fish.

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Unique restaurant serving beautiful fish specialties in the middle of meat loving Umbria. Try their raw appetizer, you'll be amazed! On top of my restaurants list in Italy.

2  Thank Dana78
Reviewed 24 April 2016

This is a wonderful seafood restaurant with such fresh fish prepared with Umbrian flare - a baby squid, shrimp and zucchini salad and a cream "gazpacho" with habenero were delicious followed by well prepared pastas - tagliolini with lobster and fresh tomatoes and paccheri with cubed monkfish, tomatoes and herbed bread crumbs. Entrees, such as sea bream crusted with tiny mussels, are different and so good. Wonderful wine list, too.And the space is so beautiful with excellent service.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

We happened upon this restaurant and could not have been more delighted! I have a dietary restriction, and the chef came out to personally offer suggestions to create a meal for me. It was amazing! And one of the best i enjoyed in Italy!