All reviewsschloss bensbergvalet serviceluxurious hotelan italian restaurantspa areathree starreception deskhotel barstar michelin restaurantdali barenotecasuitevendomeluxurygermanywellnessminibar
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay in the hotel, a good meal at the enotheca restaurant but a disappointment at the Dali bar where the service was not so friendly. Overall a great experience in an amazing surroundings.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
AlthoffHotelGroup, Geschäftsführer at Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Mosad004,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Althoff Grand Hotel Schloss Bensberg at TripAdvisor. It is great to see, that you had an overall great experience with us even more I am shocked that the service in the Restaurant Dali was not up to our standard.
We do apologize for an inconvenience.

It is our hope to welcome you back in the near future. This will give us the opportunity to better serve you!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

we stayed in this hotel for almost a week. we had a wonderful suite and enjoyed every minute. the hotel is unique in its impressive sight and the service is first class. it's not far from Colon and its museums. we will have to come back once more to enjoy the spa that was closed during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
AlthoffHotelGroup, Geschäftsführer at Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Dalia G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Althoff Grand Hotel Schloss Bensberg.
Your kind words of appreciation were a pleasure to read.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near further, the Spa will be open than for sure!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night and the hospitality was wonderful. Staff were very nice and sincere. However, we parked our car near the entrance and I went up to the reception to ask whether that was okay with the hotel. It was a gentlemen and he said that it is not allowed and whether I wanted to park my car in their garage. I accepted his request and we parked our car there. The next morning, when we wanted to check out, the lady tells me to pay 22 euro for parking my car. I told her, that i was not informed that the garage had a fee otherwise i could park my car on the road somewhere else and pay less. She blamed it on me telling me I should have read the information on the website. But the point is, i didnt want to park around the hotel, and i rather park somewhere else and pay less. I was so frustrated why i was not informed regards to this. It isnt about the 22 euros, i feel like i was tricked into this. And she did not want to apologise, she didnt even feel empathy for the situation. At the end she gave me a cold apology and did not actually care about the matter. Very unprofessional. But overall the hotel is wonderful!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
AlthoffHotelGroup, Geschäftsführer at Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Fahima27,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us. Whilst we were pleased to read that you enjoyed the overall Hotel and the staff's attention, we were very concerned to read about the aspects your stay you have expressed disappointment with.
Please accept our sincere apologies, for not informing you verbal that there is a parking fee in our garage.
I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back at which time we will spare no effort in providing you with a seamless stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2017

I had some amazing days at this wonderful castle resort.
It is just a comfortable 25 minutes drive away from Cologne.
The staff is friendly and speaks good English.
They also have a great selection of restaurants I was really pleased with.

Room Tip: Taka a suite not too far from the lobby. The castle is very spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
AlthoffHotelGroup, Geschäftsführer at Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your great Feedback regarding your recent stay at Althoff Grand Hotel Schloss Bensberg!

We are delighted to have exceeded your exactions and we would love to welcome you back in the near further again.

Have a wonderful day!

Gastgeber

Reviewed 30 May 2017

This is our last evening at the hotel. Up to tonight the service has been excellent and the staff could not be more helpful, polite and more than accommodating. However, we decided to have dinner at the restaurant within the bar tonight. The food was more then disappointing but worse than that the service by the female member of staff was appalling. The bar was not busy in fact there was only one other couple having dinner. The female member of staff who serviced us was unhelpful, rude and our presence there was an inconvenient to her. Having had such a lovely experience in such a beautiful hotel this was very disapponting and left us with a very negative impression. This is so sad as the rest of the staff have been so welcoming especially the staff on reception.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
AlthoffHotelGroup, Geschäftsführer at Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Dear LouandDec,

We hope you had a save journey back home.
Thank you very much for your Feedback.
Feedback from our guests is always welcome and valuable to us; therefore it would be my pleasure to learn directly from you a few more details. Feel free to contact me at any time.
Even though we were not able to delight you this time we hope you choose to return to Grand Hotel Schloss Bensberg very soon so we may have a chance to impress you then.