“Best spring day”
Review of Estuary Restaurant

Estuary Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Description: Estuary - situated at Kangaroo Point, where the Hawkesbury River joins the ocean - is a restaurant and event centre where waterfront views meet modern Australian cuisine made from fresh local produce. Please take time to study our menu. The goal is to provide an experience for the palate that is no less memorable than the view. Opening Hours Breakfast: Estuary Kiosk is Open in our current time (April 2020) Wednesday to Sunday 8am-2.30pm, lunch from 11am.
Reviewed 22 October 2020

The setting is spectacular only to be surpassed by the food and staff. The seafood was fresh and mouthwatering the chocolate fondant was organismic to the taste buds. Jacob, makes the best martini I have had in years. Think, we found our new favourite Brooklyn restaurant, on the Hawkesbury River.

Date of visit: October 2020

Reviewed 2 October 2020

The staff at this restaurant are extremely rude and condescending. We attended the restaurant to meet up with my sister in law and drop off my daughter (My daughter was going on holidays with my sister in law). When we arrived my sister in law had just finished dining at the venue, we were planning on having breakfast there. My daughter needed to go to the toilet, (The toilets are situated outside the venue) as I took my daughter to the toilet a women came out of the venue and started lecturing us about not using the toilet until we purchased something, it was extremely inappropriate and awkward.

We had arrived at the venue by boat and I was not wearing shoes as I had just launched the boat from the beach. Looking through the window of the venue I could see a large black dog inside next to a table, it was tied to a rope bollard, the bollard had fallen over and the dog was dragging it around the floor by its lead.

Given the laid back appearance I decided to walk in without getting my shoes from the boat. A staff member then approached me and my partner and spoke to us in a very rude and condescending manner. She could have just politely explained to me that I needed to put shoes on but was instead extremely rude. I then walked out to my boat to get my shoes in shock, but just decided to leave (really hungry) as I couldn't stomach returning after both incidents.

I have never written a negative review on the internet before about any business.

Having read through other reviews on trip advisor about this restaurant, there is a recurring theme of unprofessionalism and rude staff. So disappointing.

Date of visit: September 2020
6  Thank Joel K
Reviewed 2 October 2020 via mobile

We have enjoyed great lunches at the restaurant here as well as occasional coffee and snacks at the kiosk.
The food is excellent, the value proposition is pitched very reasonably, the food quality is exemplary...we have enjoyed "Estuary Battered Flathead" as well as "Beef and Guinness Pie" ....these are standout selections from the menu...and the "Sydney Rock Oysters" are amongst the best.
The chef and kitchen team deliver quality food....and the front of house team - including Di and Jess - are competent, attentive, professional and friendly.
Don't miss this local Hawkesbury hidden gem.
We'll be heading back...time and time again!
Bob & Jan

Date of visit: October 2020
3  Thank parto01
Reviewed 20 September 2020

Our family of four dined at Estuary Saturday evening. Whilst there meals were great & service was good. I had mussels for main & noticed 4 or 5 were unopened, one partly opened but couldn't prize any of these open. 3 - 4 hours after dinner I suffered severe stomach pain, vomiting & diahrea. I was violently ill. We now believe unopened mussels are unsafe & shouldn't be served. I rang the restaurant & was sorry for my experience. I don't think we'll be back.

Date of visit: September 2020
4  Thank I8500HWdavidw
EstuaryR, General Manager at Estuary Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2020

Hello David. As per our phone conversation, we purchase our seafood fresh and take exceptional care with our food preparation. Our mussels dish is one of our most popular dishes at Estuary and there seems to be no other issue. As we take these incidents seriously we need to prepare an incident report for the authorities. Please call us at the restaurant to proceed with this matter.

Reviewed 13 September 2020

Portions a bit mean (small) and a little expensive as this could be our new favourite but it's just that bit too expensive to go thee regularly. Food was outstanding.

Date of visit: August 2020

Thank you for your review. We are glad you loved Estuary Restaurant menu. Hope to see you again one day.