“Lunch by the water”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2023 via mobile

Pretty view over the water. Fish tacos were very tasty, liked the addition of pineapple, and pumpkin salad was nice. Nine spice chai was very flavourful and flat whites were well executed. Overall a pleasant experience.

Date of visit: January 2023

Reviewed 28 December 2022 via mobile

It's disappointing when you see the restaurant has a fantastic view and good location, but it's all ruined by low-quality food, disaster presentation, and then inexperienced staff and unacceptable service; I wish I had had a chance to leave zero stars.
Waiting for 30 minutes for a waiter to clean and prepare the table to sit, then 50 minutes for lunch to come; the dish was presented like $10 fish and chips from the food court.

Date of visit: December 2022
2  Thank amirkQ5618IP
Reviewed 4 September 2022 via mobile

It seems to have changed hands. Not well organised. Put us on a wrong table and when placing order asked for table number. No numbers on table. When served there was no care. Food just dumped down. Food was ordinary very much lower standard then before. Will be taking a wide berth from this cafe now. Use to go there about once a month but not now.

Date of visit: September 2022
Reviewed 19 April 2022

I was walking past with my friends who chose this place. It was very busy but staff found us a table which was nice. We were handed menus on sheets of paper, although these didn't seem to be available anywhere else or even at the counter.
I went for the oysters and some chips, my friends went for the calamari and chips, and the Dory burger. We each ordered coffees.

I will say that my oysters were fresh and had a light salty refreshing taste, although oysters do have to be fresh so that's standard. They were also quite expensive at $29 a dozen. I was surprised they were advertised from South Australia when the local oyster catchment area is just up the road. I didn't ask why they weren't local.
My friend said his Dory fish burger was soft and bland and too small for the price. I tried my other friend's calamari and chips, they were okay but nothing that can't be found in most fish and chip shops around the country.
My friends' hot coffees looked decent, but I ordered a cold brew expecting it in a coffee cup and it came in a can with a glass of ice, not what I wanted at all.
We had a nice view until staff pulled to block out the sun, but that's fine, we finished up and saw the view later.
Staff were really busy but handled everything reasonably well, and the meals came out at a decent time, but it wasn't anything special. Although if you want quick and simple for $20 or under then go for it.

Date of visit: April 2022
1  Thank jebskulker
Reviewed 6 April 2022

Busy little place. We arrived after kitchen closed for lunch, however we were able to order some good prawns and coffee. Several days later we ordered a no frills breakfast (bacon and eggs) with coffee, quick service.
Staff had a good attitude

Date of visit: March 2022